Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States Central
Coffee in Houston
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US Central > Coffee in...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
ryantann

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Mar 18, 2011, 8:51pm
Subject: Re: Coffee in Houston

Turns out itís a sort of boutique grocery store that will have a cafe inside, I think.  I donít have too much information on it right now

Itís called Revival Market but their website hasnít been updated in a while.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/main/7204558.html

Also, their Twitter handle: http://twitter.com/#!/RevivalMarket

ryantanner.org
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
shawndo
shawndo
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: LM Shot Brewer
Grinder: VL M3/Compak K10 Pro
Posted Fri Mar 18, 2011, 10:14pm

Click Here (blogs.houstonpress.com)

looks like it's opening on Monday.  my sister lives around the corner and is very excited!
coffee is from Amaya/Catalina as well as Katz
 View Profile Link to this post
dfan92

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2011, 9:51pm

In other news, revival does a nice blt and turkey club haha.
takeshi
takeshi
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Amaya Roasting
Posted Sat Sep 17, 2011, 4:22pm

dfan92 Said:

cofee at a taqueria? that's news to me.

Posted February 16, 2011 link

I love El Rey but haven't been brave enough to try their espresso based offerings.  That photo certainly doesn't help.  I know you can't always judge a book by its cover but the lattes I've liked seem to have a certain look to them that El Rey's is missing.  I'll have to try them sometime though...

ryantann Said:

I just heard today from a barista elsewhere in Texas that a new shop is opening up in the Montrose area

Posted February 23, 2011 link

ryantann Said:

Turns out itís a sort of boutique grocery store that will have a cafe inside, I think.  I donít have too much information on it right now

Itís called Revival Market but their website hasnít been updated in a while.

Posted March 18, 2011 link

That's really The Heights.  Black Hole in Montrose seems to be getting some good reviews.  Are they related to Antidote?  A lot of comments seem to compare them to Antidote (also in The Heights).

robertl Said:

I've made it my goal to try the places in this article I posted so yesterday I went to Catalina. I have to say I was disappointed, the atmosphere was nice but my latte was not. To make my experiences similar I order a vanilla latte at each cafe and of the three places I've been this was the worst

Posted February 14, 2011 link

While I'd agree with the comment above that flavored drinks aren't always the best comparison point I'm really surprised by this.  However, even places like Catalina have their off days.  They're my favorite in town (I'd agree with JonR about them being one of the only places I'll go out to locally) but I have certainly had a few lattes over the years that I just couldn't drink.  Never hurts to try places more than once IMO just in case it was just that one particular experience that was bad.
ryantann

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011, 2:54pm

takeshi Said:

That's really The Heights.  Black Hole in Montrose seems to be getting some good reviews.  Are they related to Antidote?  A lot of comments seem to compare them to Antidote (also in The Heights).

Posted September 17, 2011 link

I donít know if they have anything to do with Antidote (hope not, that would be a negative in my book).  

Thereís also *another* place coming down the pipeline from David at Greenway Coffee called Blacksmith which appears to be a joint venture with Bobby Heugel of Anvil Bar and Refuge.  Looking forward to that.

ryantanner.org
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Oct 10, 2011, 3:18pm

ryantann Said:

Thereís also *another* place coming down the pipeline from David at Greenway Coffee called Blacksmith which appears to be a joint venture with Bobby Heugel of Anvil Bar and Refuge.  Looking forward to that.

Posted October 10, 2011 link

+1 in a big way from me.  
Greenway Coffee and Anvil Bar & Refuge are two of the great new places in town, run by passionate artisans.  

So I am very much looking forward to Blacksmith opening up.  :-)

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
maximus_coffee
maximus_coffee

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2011, 8:05am

JonR10 Said:

+1 in a big way from me.  
Greenway Coffee and Anvil Bar & Refuge are two of the great new places in town, run by passionate artisans.  

Hi, I just move to work in Houston and no ideas where to find good espresso machine.  Do you have any recommendation for me?
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Oct 12, 2011, 10:34am

maximus_coffee Said:

Hi, I just move to work in Houston and no ideas where to find good espresso machine.  Do you have any recommendation for me?

Posted October 12, 2011 link

Welcome to Houston!  
My usual suggestion is to buy the machine online, but it all depends on your needs:
"How to Buy an Espresso Machine"  

I'm getting together with another coffeegeek person at my house (in NW Houston) this Saturday after lunch, so shoot me an email (JonR10-at-yahoo.com) if you'd like to join us for coffee.  And we can talk about what you're looking for and where to get it....

Cheers,
Jon

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
maximus_coffee
maximus_coffee

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2011, 7:27pm

JonR10 Said:

Welcome to Houston!  
My usual suggestion is to buy the machine online, but it all depends on your needs:

I'm getting together with another coffeegeek person at my house (in NW Houston) this Saturday after lunch, so shoot me an email (JonR10-at-yahoo.com) if you'd like to join us for coffee.  And we can talk about what you're looking for and where to get it....

Cheers,
Jon

Thanks for your invitation, my schedule really tight during this few week.  I will find sometime to study on your link first, and may need your support again.

Maximus_Coffee
takeshi
takeshi
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Amaya Roasting
Posted Wed Nov 9, 2011, 8:51am

JonR10 Said:

+1 in a big way from me.  

Interesting...  These will all just be blocks from me:
Click Here (swamplot.com)

JonR10 Said:

Welcome to Houston!  

+1 Selection is much better online.  Though when I ordered my machine online it drop shipped from Sunbelt here in Houston.

maximus_coffee Said:

Thanks for your invitation, my schedule really tight during this few week.  I will find sometime to study on your link first, and may need your support again.

Definitely post in the Espresso Machine forum.
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US Central > Coffee in...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.437626123428)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+