Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States East
Coffee In Baltimore
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US East > Coffee In...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 26 of 29 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Marc_T

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: PID Silvia
Grinder: Mazzer Mini; Solis Maestro...
Vac Pot: Cory 8 cup
Drip: Technivorm; Vintage Chemex;...
Roaster: Hearthware Precision
Posted Wed Feb 6, 2008, 8:42am
Subject: Re: Coffee In Baltimore

I am out of town, so it has been diff to get internet access.

It would be great to have a list:  Obviously 'Spro and Artifact/Woodberry should go on the list.  

We have not been to Linwoods, but it is on our short list of restaurants to visit.  Where are their beans from?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
shmoocat
shmoocat
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2008, 6:05pm

(linwoods) i am not sure where he gets them now.  he was serving a nice french roast drip brew and a very competent espresso last time i ate there.  the drip was definitely a new world coffee but i am not sure where he gets the beans.  i will ask next time i am there.  he also has a decent and not ridiculously priced wine list.  food is very consistent and very good.  

even though i am a newbie, i would solicit an update on Baltimore's best places for coffee.  my wife says our house.  stone mill bakery makes a decent americano and great high end breakfast but is priced at the top end.  i like daily grind, and had solid espresso at the new canton location and falls road.  fells point is good but somewhat uneven.
 View Profile Link to this post
Marc_T

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2008, 7:02pm

I have been trying to think back to which Baltimore restaurants have good coffee, and I think I will have to be prospective about any contributions to the list I make.

On another note, I went to SMEDLY'S in Fells Point (Corner of Fleet and Wolfe) to buy an Aeropress (which I have been enjoying quite frequently, thank you very much) and was surprised to find that they use an Aeropress to brew their coffee.

The weakness, IMO, is that they brew Illy (preground, I think).
shmoocat
shmoocat
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2008, 7:17pm

the illy zealots are a vicious lot.  i have been forced to try it repeatedly.  i liked it in italy, though.  
i am up for a prospective coffee tour
cargocult

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Gaggia spring piston
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Roaster: Ambex YM15
Posted Thu Mar 13, 2008, 5:22pm

Does anybody know what ever happened to Jay's Shave Ice.  I went there a couple of times, and then I didn't get up there for a few months and it was gone...
vrijr
vrijr
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: La Marzocco FB-80
Grinder: Compak WBC Conical
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Clover
Roaster: Loring Kestrel
Posted Thu Mar 13, 2008, 5:40pm

For those of you that may be interested, Caffe Pronto in Annapolis is holding a Latte Art class this coming Saturday from 3:00 - 5:00 with two of our award winning baristas.  Greg Suekoff is the 2007 Ultmate Barista Latte Art Champion and Jeremy Sterner just placed 3rd in the Mid-Atlantic Regional Barista Competition and will go on to compete in the USBC.  The Class will include Latte Art Theory & demonstration as well as hands on training.  We have a La Marzocco FB80 - 3 group espresso machine & a La Marzocco GB/5 - 2 group espresso machine.  There will be lots of hands on time with the trainers.  The class is limited to 10 participants - there are only a few spots left.  So, if you are interested visit our website to register here Click Here (www.caffepronto.com)
bushrod

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Livia 90, Elektra MCaL
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C20B
Posted Fri Mar 14, 2008, 6:12am

cargocult Said:

Does anybody know what ever happened to Jay's Shave Ice.  I went there a couple of times, and then I didn't get up there for a few months and it was gone...

Posted March 13, 2008 link

I tried to take my son there a few months ago.  What a disappointment.  The least Jay could do is update the website!

Rich A
Marc_T

Posted Sun Mar 16, 2008, 9:03am

Jay opened Spro, in the Towson library, a while ago.  Jay's Shave Ice has been closed for over a year, I believe.  This is all updated on the website.  I am still trying to get someone to make me "Breakfast in Bed!" ....
JV
JV

Espresso: La Marzocco 2EE, Brasilia...
Grinder: Mazzer Major, Mahlkoenig...
Drip: French Press
Posted Sun Mar 16, 2008, 10:16am

Marc_T Said:

Jay opened Spro, in the Towson library, a while ago.  Jay's Shave Ice has been closed for over a year, I believe.  This is all updated on the website.  I am still trying to get someone to make me "Breakfast in Bed!" ....

Posted March 16, 2008 link

"Breakfast in Bed" is being served at WoodBerry Kitchen.

It is indeed delicious.

cheers
bushrod

Espresso: Livia 90, Elektra MCaL
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C20B
Posted Sun Mar 16, 2008, 11:00am

Marc_T Said:

Posted March 16, 2008 link

Which website would this be that's updated?

All was not lost.  We made it to 'Spro.  Then we went in the library and read a couple books.  Still a good time.

Rich A
showing page 26 of 29 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US East > Coffee In...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.270776033401)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+