Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States West
LA Home Coffee Meet-up, AKA a " coffee charrette"
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US West > LA Home Coffee...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
frank828

Expertise: Professional

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012, 4:05pm
Subject: Re: LA Home Coffee Meet-up, AKA a " coffee charrette"

very cool!  thanks for all the legwork, russel.

weekdays are ok with me if they're on the later part of 7pm.  i dont get off work until 7 on most weekdays and couldnt be in little tokyo until about 7:20.  i'm guessing that's too late for most.

i'm thinking that the people that live further away would have a tough time getting there by 5 on a weekday considering that little tokyo is almost dead center in downtown and traffic would play a major factor.  but if that works for people, awesome.  i'll probably just have to catch the next one.

if i can make it, i can likely bring down my SJ that is sitting lonely on my counter(i have no espresso machine, yet).  for fun, i can bring the aeropress too,  if people want to play with it.  maybe if someone has a mypressi or something similar, that would be really fun to try out.  worst case if no one else has them to bring down, and demitasse is ok with it, i can drop them off the night before and then pick the stuff up later.
 View Profile Link to this post
cerridwyn
cerridwyn
Expertise: I live coffee
Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012, 6:16pm

Good luck and I hope it goes over smashingly!  LA is a 90 minute drive not in rush hour, so I could not come at all on an evening, but if it is successful, I would bet you can repeat it!

The world needs more outstanding coffee.

do you game?:
http://forum.paxcorvus.info
http://www.outland.org
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
LACoffeeClub
LACoffeeClub

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012, 1:59pm

LACoffeeClub is happy to help out and find some fresh, locally roasted beans for your event!
Over the last 6 months, we have been putting on events around Los Angeles for those interested in learning more about coffee and meeting others who are passionate about it!
This should be lots of fun since nowhere else will you be able to get behind a real espresso machine and pull shots with the best of em!

We've been talking with cafes and roasters all around the LA area to figure out how to go about curating the most unique coffee events!
Can't wait to see what comes from this, Los Angeles is finally going to get the recognition it deserves!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
CafeDemitasse
CafeDemitasse
Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012, 10:05pm

Sunday Mornings might work for us too, say 8-10 am or so. Evenings early in the week, say 8-10 on a Monday or Tuesday night could work fine, too. Just want to also say we're really excited about this!
russel
russel

Espresso: Conti Princess 2grp, GS/3...
Grinder: Super Caimanos x2, Forte BG,...
Drip: V60, Kalita Wave, Clever,...
Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012, 10:24pm

It seems like Sunday morning 8-10am would be a good time for the most people.  Durring the week getting to the middle of downtown is a bit of an obstacle, but on a weekend morning without much traffic...I couldn't pick a better location.

So, CoffeeGeek audience, would you be up for an early Sunday gathering a Demitasse to make some espresso with the help of LA Coffee Club and your fellow coffee lovers?  Right now I'm working on the above mentioned 4 machines/4 grinders.  More participation would mean more fun gear to play with.
compliance

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Brewtus IIIv
Grinder: Compak K10, formerly Le'lit...
Drip: Hario doo-dads
Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012, 8:27pm

Count me in for a Sunday morning.  (I would not be able to do a weekday either)

Looking forward to going!  LA has needed a meetup.
fatnat79

Espresso: Grimac Mini
Grinder: K30 ES
Vac Pot: Yama / Bodum Santos
Drip: Bodum French Press
Roaster: Gene Cafe / Popcorn Roaster
Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012, 10:42am

Sad to say that I won't be able to make a Sunday early morning meetup. Late morning (after 1030) and after is good for me as well as for anytime Saturday (no weekdays). Oh well, I'll stay tuned to this thread in case there are any subsequent meet ups that I can attend.

Hope it's fun and informative for everyone. Please report back here after the meetup to fill in those folks who couldn't make it!
pittsbri
pittsbri
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Pasquini Livietta,Aeropress
Grinder: Baratza Vario,Zassenhaus
Drip: Hario,Chemex
Roaster: Poppery 2
Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012, 10:49am

Thanks Russel! I'm looking forward to coming! I'm happy to bring my GaggiaColor as well. It'd be interesting to see other people pull coffee through it. Look forward to meeting you ! Let me know if I can help with anything. Talk soon.

Brian

www.brianpittsphotography.blogspot.com
frank828

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012, 11:20am

those times should work for me, also.  depending on the sunday, i may have to leave at 930, though.

thanks again Russel and Demitasse!
LACoffeeClub
LACoffeeClub

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:37am

Sunday morning should be ok for us, well have to wake up a bit earlier than usual to get downtown by 8am though... We are coming from the Westside.

Last night met the coolest dude from Demitasse and we are both excited for this event... Mostly we were arguing over the pronunciation of "charrettes"

We got to meet over a full on coffee dinner, where everything on the menu had coffee in it.
YUM YUM SQUARED!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
showing page 2 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US West > LA Home Coffee...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.226781845093)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+