Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States West
Espresso Grinder Repair Shops in LA
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US West > Espresso Grinder...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
SupraTT

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012, 10:43pm
Subject: Espresso Grinder Repair Shops in LA

I would like to bring in my grinder for cleaning and replacement of its burrs - have an older mazzer mini (switch model). Anyone know of a place in LA that does this type of work?
 View Profile Link to this post
Joel_B
Joel_B

Espresso: Astra Mega II
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: nope, french press
Roaster: Behmor, WP, BBQ drum
Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012, 8:53am
Subject: Re: Espresso Grinder Repair Shops in LA

I'm sorry I don't know of a repair shop in your area, but I could only imagine there's a place in la that will do that.

I would like to ask though, is there are reason you're not wanting to do this yourself?  Cleaning is something that should be kept up on anyway, and burr replacement I find to be an easy process.  If you don't feel comfortable that's absolutely ok, but if it's something you'd like to try, you shouldnt have much trouble.
steven_meyer

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0, ECM  Giotto...
Grinder: HG-One, Mahlkonig K-30 vario
Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012, 9:16am

It is so simple to change the burrs, even I can do it. Just grab the grind adjuster pin and turn clockwise to remove the burr carrier. (take out the lock screw on top first) Then grab a handy flat head screw driver and remove the burrs. Replace with new ones, and screw back the burr carrier. Remember it is left hand thread, so screw in by turning counter clockwise.

One more tip. Remember where your adjustment setting was  and get it as close to that spot as you can. You will have to readjust for your grind however. Good luck.
Joel_B
Joel_B

Espresso: Astra Mega II
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: nope, french press
Roaster: Behmor, WP, BBQ drum
Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012, 9:31am

But yeah, Steven has got you covered in the basics.  When removing the screws that hold the burrs in, make sure the screwdriver seats well.  You'll likely need to clear some coffee from the heads prior to removing.
SupraTT

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012, 6:18pm

Thanks all - I just ordered new burrs and will try it this weekend if I got the time. Might take some before and after photos.
auxpomme

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2012, 8:32pm

how'd that go?
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US West > Espresso Grinder...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185580015182)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+