Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Regional: United States West
What Aren't You at Chromatic Coffee???!!  San Jose Coffee Lovers Rejoice!!!
Gourmet Organic Coffee
Temblor is a smooth high-grown Guatemalan coffee that presents notes of spice and chocolate.
thelostgringo.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Regional > US West > What Aren't You...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
GaryH
GaryH
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro
Grinder: Macap M4 Doserless
Vac Pot: none
Drip: yes
Roaster: none
Posted Fri Nov 2, 2012, 1:50am
Subject: Re: What Aren't You at Chromatic Coffee???!!  San Jose Coffee Lovers Rejoice!!!

Chromatic Emperor espresso. Liked the fruitiness but too bright for me.

GaryH: Chromatic-5.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
GaryH
GaryH

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2012, 1:51am
Subject: Re: What Aren't You at Chromatic Coffee???!!  San Jose Coffee Lovers Rejoice!!!

That's weird!

GaryH: Chromatic-3.jpg
(Click for larger image)
GaryH
GaryH

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2012, 1:54am

Chromatic V60 bar. I didn't have time to stay for the cupping. Congratulations to Chromatic. Next I have to buy some Chromatic coffee beans and brew coffee at home.

GaryH: Chromatic-6.jpg
(Click for larger image)
GaryH
GaryH

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2012, 10:00am

I bought El Salvador La Joya Tonita roasted coffee beans from Chromatic Coffee. Brewed coffee using a press pot, 8 days after roast. Grind the beans on my Rancilio Rocky 35 steps above where the burrs touch. Add 200F brew water. Brew for 4 minutes, scoop off the grounds that float on top, and press. This is nice coffee! Loved the complexity and the natural sweet taste.

GaryH: Chromatic-El-Salvador-press-pot.jpg
(Click for larger image)
RoyceRuiz

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2012, 4:04pm

I had a chance to stop by Chromatic the other day (4th time in the month and a half since a heard about them, even though I live an hour away).  I'm not sure what they did to tweak their espresso since the last time I stopped by but WOW.  That shot was probably the best I've ever had!  The previous visits were great but they must have changed something the other day I was in.  Also had a Kenya pour over that was great.
cerridwyn
cerridwyn
Posted Wed Jan 2, 2013, 10:19pm

Daughter finally went today. Daniel got an el Salvador coffee, what I don't know, and he said it was tasty.
Devin ordered "Barista's choice" - always a risky experience somewhere new - she got "Hoth Nog" an espresso drink with nutmeg and subtle eggnog flavors.

She's not afraid to try new things and actually liked that concept. Said it would her back to try again. And since neither of them had set foot in Barefoot for over 2 years (even though it's less than 2 miles from their home), that's saying something.

It's on my to do list next time I go up.

The world needs more outstanding coffee.

do you game?:
http://forum.paxcorvus.info
http://www.outland.org
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
scjavadr

Posted Thu Jan 3, 2013, 6:43am

Interesting ... I also stopped going about 1.5-2 years ago.  To me it had lost something and I was underwhelmed in the past few years.  I'm looking forward to trying the rebranded shop now.  Thanks for bringing the thread back up.
eelpout

Posted Thu Jan 3, 2013, 4:14pm

You can find an interesting interview with Hiver van Geenhoven, the roaster at Chromatic, at worldbarista.com.
sascha_d

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia w/pid
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013, 7:24am

I found this place as a Barefoot Coffee last year when I was in Santa Clara for a conference.  When I signed a long term client a few weeks ago out here, I despaired when Google maps had it labeled as closed. Then I looked a little more closely and discovered that they had just disengaged from Barefoot.  I immediately booked my next few stays at the Hilton Garden Inn a mile away as this is the *only* palatable coffee anywhere near the convention center/office park area of Santa Clara.  I really like this place. The people are nice, friendly and the coffee is great.  The bar in back has electrical strips running underneath as well.

Also, I brought home some Emperor espresso beans last night and they made amazing espresso on my Alex Duetto this morning.  Heavenly!
cerridwyn
cerridwyn
Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013, 9:50pm

I disagree with the only palatable place there as Bellano is just down the street.

But different strokes.

The world needs more outstanding coffee.

do you game?:
http://forum.paxcorvus.info
http://www.outland.org
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Regional > US West > What Aren't You...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.276000022888)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+