|Coffee and a show, and all that without any electricity! Worth the time and money. I pity the fool who hasn't got one.
|Francis Pettit, Jan 20, 2007
More of Francis Pettit's Review:
I purchased this coffee syphon at the beginning of this year shortly after my cheap filter machine gave up. Being a bit of an involuntary penny - pincher (University Student) I searched for a cheap alternative and stumbled upon this beauty on Trademe...
|An outstanding product that is simply elegant and fully functional. Recommend the 5 cup model.
|Dung Truong, Feb 11, 2000
More of Dung Truong's Review:
Everything was included and ready to go with this vac pot, except the alcohol.
I bought this Hario vac pot despite its higher price simply because it looks … soooo good. Just sheer artistical elegance! There is a nice look, touch, and feel to the...
|8 Reviews have been written for the Hario Nouveau Review so far by our members.
Our model was purchased from Meloty Fine Tea Company, in Richmond, BC, Canada, for $160 Canadian dollars.
The Hario Nouveau has a lot of excellent features and details. Here's a quick look at them:
- Excellent design, and a very intelligent mix of form and function.
- Brews enough for 2 six ounce cups of coffee
- Excellent performance from alcohol burner
- First rate materials used throughout
- Design of the upper chamber encourages natural agitation in the coffee grounds / water mixture.
- Filter looks high tech, but the use of paper brings it down.
- Unique quick-locking handle and bottom globe design won big kudos
- Kickdown is rapid
- Coffee in the cup is crystal clear and a mellow cup, but is lacking some of the complexities from the coffee oils that are prevented by the paper filter.
This detailed review is broken down into the following sections:
- Overview of Product
- Form and Function
- What's in the Cup
- Cleanup and maintenance
- 1 Year Followup (new!)