|Coffee and a show, and all that without any electricity! Worth the time and money. I pity the fool who hasn't got one.
|Francis Pettit, Jan 20, 2007
More of Francis Pettit's Review:
I purchased this coffee syphon at the beginning of this year shortly after my cheap filter machine gave up. Being a bit of an involuntary penny - pincher (University Student) I searched for a cheap alternative and stumbled upon this beauty on Trademe...
|awesome product. make it better by getting a glass rod filter
|D Berry, Feb 27, 2002
More of D Berry's Review:
The glass is very high quality, all parts are durable. The overall appearance is awesome. If you've ever had coffee from a vaccuum pot you know how good coffee can be. If you haven't, you need to try it and this is an easy unit to use. The only problem...
|8 Reviews have been written for the Hario Nouveau Review so far by our members.
Our model was purchased from Meloty Fine Tea Company, in Richmond, BC, Canada, for $160 Canadian dollars.
The Hario Nouveau has a lot of excellent features and details. Here's a quick look at them:
- Excellent design, and a very intelligent mix of form and function.
- Brews enough for 2 six ounce cups of coffee
- Excellent performance from alcohol burner
- First rate materials used throughout
- Design of the upper chamber encourages natural agitation in the coffee grounds / water mixture.
- Filter looks high tech, but the use of paper brings it down.
- Unique quick-locking handle and bottom globe design won big kudos
- Kickdown is rapid
- Coffee in the cup is crystal clear and a mellow cup, but is lacking some of the complexities from the coffee oils that are prevented by the paper filter.
This detailed review is broken down into the following sections:
- Overview of Product
- Form and Function
- What's in the Cup
- Cleanup and maintenance
- 1 Year Followup (new!)