Brasilia Club - Duncan Manderson's Review
Posted: July 8, 2004, 5:12pm
Brasilia Club

Arrow The Brasilia Club has 5 Reviews
Arrow The Brasilia Club has been rated 8.12 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Brasilia Club reviews have been viewed 47,787 times (updated hourly).

Jason Wilson 7.00
Duncan Manderson 6.66
Troy Silverskin 6.00
Jamie Foster 1.33
Jason Mickin 0.00

Previous Review
Manufacturer: Rossi Quality: 10
Where Bought: Caffee Laffaree Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Fantastic single group espresso that can make a great coffee and steams milk better than any other machine I have found!!

Full control over the machine (no auto functions)
Good strong pump to draw the water thru
Excellent steam function (a manual button is held down and uses the main boiler to generate as much steam with as much pressure as you need). You can steam any amount of milk.
Compact and easy to move around (I take on it holidays)

Water tank could be large
Risk of blowing the element as it allows you to overheat and dry out the boiler
No reverse mode (for cleaning)
Small drip tray

I have been trialing an e61 Rocket and although it has many more features and safety functions, it cannot steam the milk as well as the Brazilia Club. I have owned my Club for about 9 years and have never seen a domestic machine that can beat it.
The Club's new element allows the machine to be ready to use after 10 mins after turning on and can be easily controlled to cool down after steaming milk.
The buttons seem confusing at first but it works very well if you have time and desire to learn.
I can throughly recommend this machine to anyone who enjoys making coffee.

Customer service in New Zealand has been good up until the importer went bust. A new importer has taken over and I am told that the service will improve. The machine had a faulty element and I was left without the machine for a month : - (

Previous Review
Posted: July 8, 2004, 5:12pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.178597211838)