Breville 800ESXL - Zach Easton's Review
Posted: January 15, 2010, 9:38pm
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 533,081 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Product Reviewed: die-cast
Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 9
Where Bought: Costco Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Good Machine. Wish I did my homework, but is great for how I am using it.

It looks great on my kitchen counter top
Faster than making chai tea lattes on the sove top
steams milk fairly fast
fairly good tasting espresso

scratches easily
pressurized filter
wet grounds

At first i did not mind the filter basket being pressurized, but after trying a really good espresso I am not impressed.

The machine is good for lattes as the bitterness of the espresso is not noticed in a latte

The only reason I have put down that I will not buy it again, is that it is my first machine. I am young and have plenty of time to experiment with other machines.

A downside is, that the grounds are wet, but i just dump them into a large yogurt container, and thow them out into the garden.

Overall this is a great beginner machine for someone who is just getting into espresso. It is easy to use, and provides an easy start into the world of espresso, however, do not buy this machine if you are looking for a true espresso.

It was recieved as a gift, but I know it was bought at Costco for $279.99 (Canadian Dollars)

its been 3 months and the machine is still holding up well. I have been reading other reviews and am now trying to find where I can buy a non-pressurized filter basket. Ither than that the machine still is great. I pulls decent shots, but they are only good when mixed in a latte or other beverage. I can't wait to find a non-pressurized basket so I can make my espresso maker run like a high quality one. Next time I go to buy an espresso maker. Just because Breville makes good blenders and toasters doesn't mean that all their product are great.

I am now looking into getting a nonpressurized basket for my machine. Does anybody have any suggestions about where to buy one or if they will help in my espresso making.

Posted: January 15, 2010, 9:38pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.20055603981)