Breville 800ESXL - Kevin Sweeney's Review
Posted: December 8, 2010, 9:24am
Breville Espresso 800ESXL

Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Breville 800ESXL has been rated 7.95 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 2, 2006.
Arrow Breville 800ESXL reviews have been viewed 545,900 times (updated hourly).

Steve Koellhoffer 10.00

Product Reviewed: 800 SXL
Manufacturer: Breville (Chinese origin) Quality: 5
Where Bought: Breville Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Breville Roma
Bottom Line: Great low end machine. Yeah I know it's Chinese, but soon everything else will be too.

Low Price, looks good, easy to use

Uses lots of water, steamer could be stronger

Breville kindly upgraded me to this machine after I had a problem with my super low end Roma, and there were no more Romas to be had,  yippee! I'm no expert, but this makes a great cup of espresso or latte once you get the Krupps basket and  trash the froth enhancer and learn how to use it.  I use it every day and don't clean it very often, so I'm very happy after almost a year.  It does look nice on the counter and is easy to clean. The milk steamer can sometimes be on the weak side, but that probably means you need to clean it. I like the storage compartment but don't like the relatively small tank. This thing uses a LOT of water.

I bought a Breville Roma on line that stopped working one day. I called Breville because I couldn't remember where I bought it. They sent me this machine with no upgrade fee because the Roma was NLA.

It's still chugging along with absolutely no problems three months later. I hate to admit it, but I haven't even de-calcified it. I only pull one or two double shots a day. I'm sure there are much better machines out there, but I probably couldn't tell the difference.

Posted: December 8, 2010, 9:24am
Quick Mill Machines
Free extended warranty & shipping. Enter email for best price / match
espressooutlet.net
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19345998764)