Breville Cafe Roma - Charles Newman's Review
Posted: December 1, 2009, 11:11am
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL

Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has 41 Reviews
Arrow The Breville Cafe Roma has been rated 7.19 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Breville Cafe Roma reviews have been viewed 278,429 times (updated hourly).

Ben Egger 10.00
Charles Gauthier 10.00
Don Ferron 9.00
Marc Tischler 8.50
Dean W 8.33

Manufacturer: Breville Quality: 8
Where Bought: crate and barrel Aesthetics 7
Similar Items Owned: none
Bottom Line: great deal, if your not a pro this will do the trick for nominal cash

good shots, simple effective controls, steamer works great. Excellent value and probably sufficient for 99% of people.

hard to see the water line in the tank, kind of a cruddy tamper device, but that is really nitpicking.

I purchased a Breville Modena at Crate and Barrel that would seem to be the same machine.  I researched machines for months and looked at pricepoints from $200-$6000 (seriously $6K).  I am extremely happy with this machine.  Espresso are simple to make, Pump control is manual so I can basically pull as long or short a shot as I desire and the steamer is excellent.  I am relatively picky about my espresso and my caps and I have no complaints about the quality of the beverages.  I am sure that people will have issues with temp control and a myriad of other issues.  Bottom line is that when I fill this up with my favorite roast of espresso it makes shots that are not wholly different in quality from my favorite place here in Ausitn.  I can't imagine a $200 purchase that I have been more satisfied with in recent years and certainly not one that has such a huge ROI replacing $10 a day in coffeehouse cost and a huge re-allocation of time to the positive side of the ledger.

it was the Crate - attractive and probably pricey

Posted: December 1, 2009, 11:11am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185140132904)