Briel Lido Espresso Machine - Ryan Palmer's Review
Posted: March 11, 2007, 9:43am
Briel Lido Espresso Machine

Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has been rated 5.81 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Briel Lido Espresso Machine reviews have been viewed 75,893 times (updated hourly).

Andy Panda 10.00
Skip Thomsen 6.60
Lane Wilkins 6.33
Kevin Johnson 6.00
Joel Stevens 6.00

Manufacturer: Briel Quality: 4
Where Bought: Online Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: Pro Barista Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: For those of you who really hate good coffee, here's you machine! Cheap too!

-Easy to steam milk for super amateurs
-You can use pods
-Looks good

-Doesn't make good espresso
-Need lots of work to make drinkable espresso
-Needs lots of cleaning, otherwise it will smell very very bad

This machine is amazing............ly bad, for the 150 dollars, I would rather just buy my coffee for a few months than purchase this again. Quality espresso will only come out of a quality machine, for which you need to spend quality money on, and this machine says nothing to me about quality. One of the few upsides to this machine is that the milk frothing device works well for those people who are afraid of steaming milk, all youj do is put the tip into the milk turn the steam wand on, and presto, semi-drinkable milk.

I cannot tell you how much I hate the espresso that comes out of this machine, it flaccid, flat, lifeless, and just plain bitter. This is because the machine doesn't get the water hot enough for a decent extraction, which is a little important. I got a few pod's from a friend, and they where one of worst coffee experiences in my life, don't use them unless you're going to die, literally. If you spent 100 dollars more on a machine, you would be much, much better off. I suggest that you purchase something better quality, and better smelling.

It was alright, but I don't even remember who I bought it from.

Posted: March 11, 2007, 9:43am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192996025085)