Briel Lido Espresso Machine - Lisa Ellis's Review
Posted: February 11, 2001, 12:57pm
Briel Lido Espresso Machine

Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has been rated 5.81 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Briel Lido Espresso Machine reviews have been viewed 74,398 times (updated hourly).

Andy Panda 10.00
Skip Thomsen 6.60
Lane Wilkins 6.33
Kevin Johnson 6.00
Joel Stevens 6.00

Manufacturer: Briel Quality: 4
Where Bought: Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Great initially but needs to be replaced after 5- 6 years.  Be prepared for puddles.

Great espresso crema.   Because of its compact size, I was able to keep it in my office for 2 years and treat my co-workers to a cappuccino from time to time. Students may also like the compact size and consider this machine a great value ($150-$200).

The brew rate of the espresso is inconsistent and slow and the temperature is lukewarm.  A great deal of water leaks from the brew head when the machine is brewing.  I had to put a tray under the machine to catch all the drips and puddles from flooding my kitchen counter top.

I had been fairly satisified with this machine as I have been using it on a very regular basis (approximately 5 times a week) for the past 6 years.  However, I did have to return it to improve the temperature of the frothing mechanism after 2 years.  Now I find the espresso to be not as good as it was initially so I am forced to replace this machine with a more superior model.

Posted: February 11, 2001, 12:57pm
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.183707952499)