Briel Lido Espresso Machine - Steve Spinella's Review
Posted: October 14, 2010, 4:31am
Briel Lido Espresso Machine

Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Briel Lido Espresso Machine has been rated 5.81 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Briel Lido Espresso Machine reviews have been viewed 76,551 times (updated hourly).

Andy Panda 10.00

Manufacturer: Briel Quality: 5
Where Bought: Amazon Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: espresso pump
Bottom Line: My first espresso pump, after 1000's of cups I'm leaving town and passing it on.

This was my first espresso machine. I'm still using it. It is a big hit with coffee drinking guests, but not really a machine for finicky connoisseurs.

I got a more expensive machine in another country. I like it better. This one takes a little more time to heat up, cools down pretty quickly. Also the space under the beans is small. I use a separate cup for brewing when making my caps and lattes, and remove the drip tray so there is more room for it. After 10 years or so the frothing wand drips water while I pull the espresso shot. I catch it with a dishrag.

This was the low end pump machine when I bought it. I am sold on pumps. I now have a $200 machine with more steel and it has a nicer feel to it overall, but makes about the same coffee when all is said and done :-)
One note, I had to adjust the tension on the filter a bit to make the speed and "crema" work best. Also I had to remove and clean this filter after a few years making coffee every day.

No problem with Amazon

Posted: October 14, 2010, 4:31am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.179452180862)