Capresso C1000 Super Auto - Todd M's Review
Posted: May 25, 2004, 12:50pm
Capresso C1000 Super Auto

Arrow The Capresso C1000 Super Auto has 28 Reviews
Arrow The Capresso C1000 Super Auto has been rated 7.78 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Capresso C1000 Super Auto reviews have been viewed 137,775 times (updated hourly).

Wes Marshall 8.20
Mark Fletcher 8.00
Scott Pace 8.00
John Cauffiel 7.50
Roy McGinnis 7.00

Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 8
Where Bought: Williams-Sonoma Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Easy to use and maintain while brewing consistent shots of espresso all at a great value.

Reasonably quick and consistent.  Low maintenance.

Frothing wand is too short and should have a ball-type swivel.  Tamping is too light so stronger tasting espresso is a chore to brew.

I purchased the C1000 because I was having an issue with my Starbuck's Barista Athena.  The problem stemmed from the variable grind from Starbuck's and the tamping pressure I would use in the morning, which was usually determined by how many times my 2 & 4 year old woke up the night before :-)   So, rushing to get everyone off to school and take the train to the city left little room for delay.  Some days the Barista would drip the espresso at an excruciatingly slow rate and many days I would forego the java to make the train.  The super automatics eliminate this altogether since the tamping is consistent and I have more control over the grind.  The 'resetting' procedure is a bit of an annoyance but it is quick and you can do other things while it is happening - like make lunches, pack bags, etc.  I've found the steam to be hot and available at all times.  The grinder does not seem to be too loud and the hopper holds a fair amount of beans.  My only issue is with the tamping pressure since I usually need to pull a single shot using the second espresso amount setting, which I believe is 11 grams.  And I do that twice for myself since I usually make a double and like it strong.  Other than that the machine has performed well and I find it to be a great value.

I have owned 4 espresso machines over the past 8 years and make my wife & I lattes every morning.  Models I have owned include an entry level Kupps, the Starbucks Buon Cafe 330, the Starbucks Barista and now the Capresso C1000.

Posted: May 25, 2004, 12:50pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193545103073)