Capresso C1000 Super Auto - Scott Pace's Review
Posted: July 3, 2003, 11:47am
Capresso C1000 Super Auto

Arrow The Capresso C1000 Super Auto has 28 Reviews
Arrow The Capresso C1000 Super Auto has been rated 7.78 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Capresso C1000 Super Auto reviews have been viewed 136,427 times (updated hourly).

Wes Marshall 8.20

Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 9
Where Bought: Williams Sonoma Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Advanced Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Capresso Coffee Team Deluxe
Bottom Line: This machine is all about qaulty and value, the C1000 Super Automatic that is a crowd pleaser.

Great Price - The Value for the qaulity is superior.
Great Looking - This unit is the mold for many of the higher end units.
Great Crema -  The C1000 will adjust and provide you with the Crema that define who you are (with a little practice).

Temprature could be a bit hotter (A warm cup can correct this).
Drip Plate scratches easily.
Froth wand could be longer

The key to buying a super automatic is to research and read the reviews. I was torn between 1) Vienna Digital 2) Jura E70 3) Capresso C1000.

I was leaning toward a digital display due to so many blinking lights and buttons. The overall performance and reviews for these three models always pointed to the C1000 as the leader in overall qaulity and performance.

I chose the product based on the fact that it is being discontinued and give a facelift in the form of the JuraE70. As a result I found a fantastic price that is still going on @ Williams Sonoma for $599.00

I brought it home and removed it from the package which included (Claris Filter, Bypass Doser Scoop , 2 Cleaning Tablets , Video and Instruction Manual)

I read the set up in the manual and it was as simple as filling with water and plugging the unit in. I was greeted with a series of flashing lights everywhere and was a bit intimidated. I followed the step by step directions (manual could be a bit simpler) to "1st time" setup and the machine did its thing and was ready to go.

I ran my first cup with the push of the one cup button (button can be held for strong and stronger ) my water dial was set @ 2 oz. The first run is a throw away and it is clear on this in the manual and video. I then watched the video and it was very helpful and explained the machine and how to use it very well.

I was now ready to make my 1st Latte and I made a double shot (2 shot button) and  my dial was set to #2. The machine provides beautiful and perfect crema everytime. The machine provides unlimited steam (the knocking sound is normal during steam - see manual).

The froth wand is exceptional and provides standard and micro foam with no effort. The total time from drawing my shots to steam is 8 seconds. The total time to make a Latte is 1 minute after a little practice.

The machine maintainence is a breeze if you are consistent and take care of it. The Claris filter is replaced every two months and has a reminder on the top of  the filter (If you use the Claris, you do not need to decalcify the machine). The brew group is cleaned weekly (pending on use) I usally clean the screen after the dump box light comes on to be emptied. I use mostly Starbucks and Illy and the oil from Starbucks can clog a screen if you do not wipe it off every so often with a paper towel (explained in manual) Every 200 pull's or within 4 -6 months you will need to drop a self clean tablet in the bypass doser. The C1000 takes care of the rest in about 30 minutes time.

Cost of supplies Claris Filter = $10  Cleaning Tablets are $7 - $15 depending on how many you purchase.

This machine is the same as the Jura w/o the LCD display and it is an exceptional value that provides exceptional qaulity. Do not be turned off by the lights and buttons. The machine is very easy to use and offers a 30 day unconditional return policy.

I found the C1000 for $599.00 @ Williams Sonoma. $200 less than the internet and all other retail establishments. The staff was very knowledgeable and explained the Jura facelift was the reason for the low price. The staff was very positive and stated it has an almost non-existent return rate compared to some more expensive models.

The C-1000 remains an exceptional performer. I have not experienced any mechanical or cosmetic issues. I do keep up with weekly cleaning to gaurantee optimal performance.

One Year Later and the C1000 remains an exceptional performer and I have not had to provide any special care. The crema is as consistent (if not better) as the day I brought the machine home. I continue to follow the maint. and keep it clean.

Posted: July 3, 2003, 11:47am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191219091415)