Capresso Ultima - Andrew Kleeger's Review
Posted: April 8, 2007, 12:59pm
Capresso Ultima Espresso Machine

Arrow The Capresso Ultima has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Capresso Ultima has been rated 6.63 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 25, 2007.
Arrow Capresso Ultima reviews have been viewed 40,126 times (updated hourly).

Andrew Kleeger 9.00
Jacob McDonald 6.60
Anthony Raimondo 6.00
Pam Day 5.40
Betsy Zajko 5.00

Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 8
Where Bought: eBay Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Dependable, reliable, home espresso machine ... I like it!

Compact, small countertop "footprint"; easy to use; heats quickly; makes good espresso, good latte & good cappuccino. Large water reservoir is readily removeable for cleaning, and easily accessible to fill in place.

** Instructions aren't the easiest to understand, but once understood, it's a great little machine.
** used grounds storage turns to moldy mess rather quickly
** has required maintenance once in three years
** I wish the reservoir had a "maximum fill" line that was easily visible to prevent me from overflowing the container.

This is my first "real" espresso machine, having graduated from countertop miniature machines like Salton. I did some research, then found the machine on eBay for much less than the retail purchase price in stores.

After using the machine for about six months, (two or three cups daily) the machine developed a leak from the pump. Returned it to Capresso, they fixed that problem and returned it. Unfortunately, they returned it with a different problem ... the power light doesn't stay illuminated. I didn't consider that to be a serious enough problem to return the machine for.

I've read other reviews here that say the machine is poorly designed ... I disagree completely. I've also read that the machine doesn't produce a decent crema ... again I disagree. Another point of contention is the reviewer who states that he can't steam or froth milk ... all I can say is that he probably isn't doing it right, because I've had no problem in that regard at all! I do recommend running some steam into an empty cup to clear the residual water from the frothing arm before trying to heat or froth milk.

I've been quite pleased with the machine overall, and I highly recommend it. I wish it came in a pretty brass finish, but I've come to like the black plastic ... besides, brass would cost eleventy-seven times as much!

not much to say here ... I bought from an individual on eBay ...

A year has gone by since I wrote my review, and my Capresso and I are still getting along fine ... no maintenance required in that time, no changes in use pattern, it just keep chugging along! Good machine, good value, good addition to my home!

"still crazy after all these years" ... thanks, Paul Simon ...

My Capresso Ultima and I are still happy with each other! I like it, I have absolutely no complaints about the unit, and still have high praise for Capresso's customer service (which I haven't had to use much at all!)

Posted: April 8, 2007, 12:59pm
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196731090546)