Capresso Ultima - Betsy Zajko's Review
Posted: February 9, 2003, 1:06pm
Capresso Ultima Espresso Machine

Arrow The Capresso Ultima has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Capresso Ultima has been rated 6.63 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 25, 2007.
Arrow Capresso Ultima reviews have been viewed 39,080 times (updated hourly).

Andrew Kleeger 9.00

Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 3
Where Bought: www.craigslist.org Aesthetics 4
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: La Pavoni P16 Romantica
Bottom Line: For the right price, it's worthy as long as you don't want froth.

The Ultima is incredibly convenient,easy to use and clean, and it makes a good espresso shot with a tad of crema.

The frother is difficult to use and doesn't heat up properly.  I end up heating my milk in a microwave and never using the froth wand.

The reason I am happy with this machine is because I bought it like new for $100 (1/4 of the $400 ticket price).  The best thing is that it is totally self contained and you never have to deal with messy grounds--it has its own internal bin where the grounds are disposed.  You just pour a scoop of new grounds into the chamber, turn the handle, and you're ready to pump a shot.  The espresso shot is fine and I can even get a good crema sometimes.  The only bad thing about the machine is the inability to make froth.  This component of the design is totally non-functional.  Luke warm water pours out of the steam wand and barely gets hot enough to make enough steam to even heat the milk, let alone make froth.

I found it for sale on Craigslist.org for $100.   I love that!!  It is not worth the typical retail price of $399. Don't pay more than $100.

I stand by what I wrote.  After three months I'm still very happy with this machine.  And still puzzled as to why such a great design ended up with a frothing wand system that doesn't work.

Posted: February 9, 2003, 1:06pm
Quality Espresso Machines
Imported Italian Espresso Machines, Coffee Machines & accessories for all your coffee needs!
www.thecoffeebrewers.com
Espresso Makers
Premium stovetop espresso makers, electric moka pots, machines & accessories.
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184598207474)