Delonghi Magnifica - Don Hardin's Review
Posted: January 15, 2012, 8:37pm
DeLonghi Magnifica Original
Arrow Espresso Zone

Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica has been rated 8.58 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Delonghi Magnifica reviews have been viewed 195,162 times (updated hourly).

Dave Boingo 10.00
Trey Harrell 9.83
Leighton Smith 8.66
David Kamikawa 8.50
Mark Edwards 8.00

Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 9
Bottom Line: I highly recommend this user-friendly machine for those who don't mind missing out on the joy of going through the process of tamping, grinding, etc...
  1.  Ease of daily use
  2.  Quick to heat up
  3.  Descaling proceedure is easy to follow
  4.  Grinder and grinder settings work great
  5.  Customer service at Delonghi is outstanding
  1.  Milk frother needs modifications for microfoam
  2.  Pretty large and takes up quite a bit of counter space
  3.  Buy only at a discounted price of less than 400 now

I've had my machine for well over 6 years now and it continues to work great!  I would not have paid 1,000 for it, but got it at a close out sale from a local Starbucks owner.  This is an excellent machine.  Similar to other posts, I would agree that customer service at Delonghi was excellent.  I called a few times over the years for parts and questions.  They were very patient and helpful.  It may take some time to get the grinder adjustments where you want them.  You can set the timer for the morning and have your cups ready to go on the warmer above.  Very simple and great results.  The only problem I have had is with the steamer wand.  If you take off the large attachment, you can learn to do a pretty good job getting the proper texture for your milk.  However, in this mode the wand will sometimes shoot off into the pitcher and scare the daylights out of you.  Milk can shoot everywhere.  There is a gasket kit you can purchase to tighten things up.  I recommend that you don't leave the old pods inside the container very long.  They will attact mold.  It probably should be emptied and cleaned every couple of days.

Years ago, I ran into a Starbucks manager who I knew.  They had a slightly used demo model and she sold it to me for a great price.  I see thim on e-bay for less than 400.

Posted: January 15, 2012, 8:37pm
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198670148849)