Delonghi Magnifica - Alan Weatherhead's Review
Posted: January 18, 2009, 5:54pm
DeLonghi Magnifica Original

Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica has been rated 8.58 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since April 5, 2006.
Arrow Delonghi Magnifica reviews have been viewed 202,327 times (updated hourly).

Dave Boingo 10.00
Trey Harrell 9.83
Leighton Smith 8.66
David Kamikawa 8.50
Mark Edwards 8.00

Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 8
Where Bought: Myer Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Simple to operate, Great tasting coffee. Remove the auto frother and easily learn your own techninque for making the right type of froth for Caps, Lattes and Flat Whites.

Simple to operate
Great double shot system
Easy to clean
Variable strength
No more mess makes it a favourite with my wife

Milk frothing technique needs to be learned
Works better with milk frother removed
Maybe the water tank could hold a bit more

This is a very simple to operate unit that makes a very professional tasting coffee. It's easy to use and simple to clean out. The unit tells you when to clean, when to fill the tank and when the hopper needs more beans. Bean grind can be adjusted.
For some, the auto frother works fine but I found that by removing the frother you can really work up a much better result with a fine and consistent froth right through the milk. It just takes some practice. My issue was that after my little Sunbeam manual model, this unit heats up the milk so quickly you must really concentrate.

Purchased at Myer Department Store new year sale at a really good price.

Our machine remains in good working order and the quality of the coffee is excellent particularly when attention is made to the purchase of fresh beans and we continue to have fun appreciating the differences with the many styles of beans available. To be very pedantic, I still would like to be able to make the milk froth up a little finer. It is particularly difficult when making one cup. When frothing larger quantities then a much better result is gained. Everyone else thinks I am crazy but, I am a coffee geek aren't I?

Posted: January 18, 2009, 5:54pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.212296009064)