Delonghi Magnifica 3300 - Jose H.'s Review
Posted: December 20, 2007, 9:54pm
Delonghi Magnifica 3300 Super Auto

Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica 3300 has 3 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Magnifica 3300 has been rated 7.67 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 23, 2007.
Arrow Delonghi Magnifica 3300 reviews have been viewed 33,998 times (updated hourly).

Sean Montague 8.00
Jose H. 0.00
Jesse S. 0.00

Previous Review
Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 6
Where Bought: Bed Bath and Beyond Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Saeco Vienna Deluxe
Bottom Line: Good cofee, excellent frother, easy to use, buy from local reatiler in case you have problems like I did.

Makes descent coffee
Everything can be access from the front
Excellent frost
Large capacity trays
Automatic rinse cycles
Bypass doser for ground coffee

Potential quality issues
Hot tray is not that usefull, warm up the cup with the hot water dispenser instead.

I bought the machine from Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% cupon.   After owning a couple of Saeco machines, I appreciated the fact that all controls and trays could be access from the front, as well as the large capacity trays.  After a few days I was making cappuccinos that tasted better than my privious machine.  It also made better and more frost than my previous machine so I was pretty happy with my new purchase.  After a week I noticed that it was leaking some water from below so I took it back to the store and exchanged it for another one.   For some reason the coffee from the 2nd machine did not taste as good as the 1st one, eventhough I was using the same settings as before.  Also, it did not make as much frost.  So I took it back and exchanged it for another one.  The 3rd one made the same amount of frost as the 1st one, but I still could not make the coffee taste the same as the 1st one.  After a week of experimenting more with the settings I was able to get close to the coffee I was making with the 1st machine.   I had to increase the amount of expresso being despensed per shot to 1.5 oz instead of 1oz.   The grinder is about half way and the coffee dispenser is set to max.  I mainly use Starbucks Italian Roast coffee beans.  I also tried Peet's Italian Roast, but had to lower the coffee dispenser to half way.

I strongly recommend you buy this machine from a local store, like Bed Bath and Beyond, wih friendly return policies.  Plus they are always giving out 20% discount cupons.

Previous Review
Posted: December 20, 2007, 9:54pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.202877998352)