Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others - Paul Smith's Review
Posted: January 22, 2005, 12:57pm
Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others

Arrow The Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others has been rated 5.91 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others reviews have been viewed 111,516 times (updated hourly).

Steve Dankert 6.83
Daniel Marsalone 6.66
Paul Smith 6.50
F Scofield 6.33
Owen O'Neill 6.33

Product Reviewed: EC-701
Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 6
Where Bought: Williams Sonoma Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Fair entry machine, but the quality is not there for what you pay for.

Easy to use.
Nice stainless steel finish.
Fast warm up.

Not very reliable.
Plastic in portafilter base and steam wand.

I purchased this machine from Williams Sonoma in November 2004. I really had not much information about good espresso machines at the time hence the choice.

This machine comes with a pod adaptor which will make reasonable espresso but pods are expensive and don't allow you to explore different coffees. There is also a pressurized ground coffee portafilter which allows you to make reasonable espresso. This is good for starting out and makes the learning curve swift.

I really don't make milk based drinks and only experimented with the steam wand. Yes it has a plastic foaming adaptor which is easy to use but hard to keep clean.

I got pretty good at making espresso with this machine and after reading this site for a while decided to upgrade this summer to a better machine. Little did I know the machine would make that decision for me...

I came home one night and noticed water all over my counter. Seems the water tank had cracked by itself. A call to Williams Sonoma thinking they would just order me a new reservoir surprised me as they said "bring it in and we will replace the machine". They took it and gave me a brand new one no questions asked. A week later the new machine just stopped flowing water under any pressure at all. I decided to take this back and they refunded my money and were extremely nice about it.

I now am waiting for my Silvia to come in...

Buying from Williams Sonoma was excellent and would buy from them again if they have what I want.

Posted: January 22, 2005, 12:57pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191133975983)