Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others - Dan Chapman's Review
Posted: January 31, 2011, 7:32pm
Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others

Arrow The Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others has been rated 5.91 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Delonghi Espresso Machines - Others reviews have been viewed 115,250 times (updated hourly).

Pete Thompson 8.00

Product Reviewed: ESM-2000
Manufacturer: Delonghi Quality: 7
Where Bought: Kijiji- Private Sale Aesthetics 4
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Great starter fully-automatic espresso maker

Great crema, decent espresso, good built-in grinder and easy-to-access water reservoir.

So far, very few, if any.  I guess it's a pain in the butt to have to buy distilled water for it, but it's a labour of love really- and it'll help keep it alive for much longer than it otherwise would.

I'm sure that this isn't the best fully automatic espresso maker out there, but it's a hell of a great starter machine for someone new to espresso machines.  It might not make coffee as good as a Rancilio Silvia, but for the price I got it for, it's amazing.  So convenient to just press two buttons in the morning and get a nice expresso shot.  The one and two-cup options are great, and being able to adjust the quantity of grind and amount of water makes it a very versatile machine for what I need.  I only ask for a quick & easy espresso shot or two before I head off to the office in the morning during the week, and a nice cappuccino on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and this machine delivers- big time!

Bought new, but from a private seller who received it as a gift and didn't use it at all, so buying experience was spectacular.

Still going really strong.  Everything is working as it should.  Been using only distilled water and I've had to descale it twice since the initial descaling operation.

The only negatives I can think of are minor and easy to overlook given the positives of this machine.   For one, the hot water dispenser is quite slow and only puts out a little bit of hot water in what I would call 'spurts'.  I'm sure this is par for the course with these types of machines though.  Also, the frother takes quite a while (I'm guestimating about 2 minutes) to heat up 14 oz (enough for two cappuccinos) of milk.  Again, easily overlooked, for my money at least.

The coffee is as good as the day I first used it (better actually).  I love the customization options regarding the water to grind ratio, and the decaf override is pure money (I'm sipping a decaf as I type this).  Again, while not for the hard-core espresso nuts, if you are looking for a good no-hassle espresso maker that provides good crema, good flavour and ease of use, I would still highly recommend this machine.

Continues to impress.  I swear the coffee quality hasn't changed since day one.

As with the three-month follow up, I have of course been using only distilled water and have been descaling within days of the descaling warning.

Just generally really, really pleased with what was a paltry up-front investment in the consistent quality of great coffee I am able to enjoy every single morning (I only don't use the machine if I'm not at home!)

Posted: January 31, 2011, 7:32pm
Oy, Don't Forget the Tea
Because not everyone drinks coffee.  Organic, English Breakfast tea, as low as $16/lb.
www.coffeeproject.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.203844070435)