Demoka Espresso - Maciek P's Review
Posted: August 18, 2010, 4:37am
Demoka Espresso Machines

Arrow The Demoka Espresso has 3 Reviews
Arrow The Demoka Espresso has been rated 7.80 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 5, 2003.
Arrow Demoka Espresso reviews have been viewed 25,617 times (updated hourly).

Søren T 3.00
Christian Rosen 2.50
Maciek P 0.00

Product Reviewed: M-783
Manufacturer: Demoka Quality: 6
Where Bought: Caffedo Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Baby Class D
Bottom Line: Is good but not excellent. I think that Gaggia Classic is slightly better.

Made of stainless steel - no corrosion problem.
Stainless steel boiler (better than Gaggia Classic line).
Quality of espresso is similiar to espresso mady by Gaggia (using the same coffee grains) however it required some practice. Isomac Zaffiro makes much better espresso.

In general a very basic design.
- When machine is not used for a couple of days produce brown water (maybe there is some scale in the boiler?). This problem does not exist anymore.
- No solenoid valve
- Basket comes out of the portafilter (no snap ring to hold it). I put a snap ring from Gaggia and it works. It has some plastic attached to the bottom of a portafilter, I do not like it.
- Water can be filled to only be removing the can from the back of the machineSteam wand looks strange and has no swivel movement, only rotation.
- Steaming is difficult as the wand is short, and can only be rotated left and right. It must be very diffcult to make microfoam.
- To prepare steam the button needs to be hold, which means that somebody needs to push the button for 1 minute.

My Gaggia Baby Class D broke down after 4 years. As I own Demoka grinder and it works fine I decided to buy Demoka espresso machine.

During the first day of operation I understood that I need to buy another machine - E61 or maybe something like Rancilio Silvia. I decided to buy Isomac Zaffiro and I am finally very happy with Isomac.

At the beginning I was unable to make decent espresso with Demoka, probably because it needs slightly more warming up time than Gaggia.

If I had to chose between Demoka and Gaggia Classic I would buy Gaggia.

Mainly because of the solenoid valve that Gaggia has and Demoka not, steaming is easier with Gaggia better wand and no need to hold the steam button pressed, I feel hat Gaggia warms up quicker, Gaggia has professional portafilter, I like the design of Gaggia Classic better.

Demoko positive point is the stainless steel boiler, larger than Gaggia.

Overall Demoka is not a bad machine, as I thought at the very beginning.

I bought from Internet shop Caffedo in Poland. I bought it  beacuse I own Demoka grinder which works very good.

Posted: August 18, 2010, 4:37am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.178677797318)