La Cimbali Domus - Colin Maxwell's Review
Posted: September 8, 2003, 3:28am
La Cimbali Domus

Arrow The La Cimbali Domus has 6 Reviews
Arrow The La Cimbali Domus has been rated 8.37 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since June 27, 2002.
Arrow La Cimbali Domus reviews have been viewed 52,441 times (updated hourly).

Richard Killoh 10.00

Manufacturer: La Cimbali Quality: 10
Average Price: n/a Usability: 9
Where Bought: Stewarts Coffee Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Professional Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Robust, Reliable, Easy to clean - Highly recommended for small household.

Robust - as an engineer I am plasantly surprised by the no compromise build standard of these machines
Reliable - has not failed in over 4 years of constant daily use
Easy to clean - provided you clean it regularly

Internal tank is too small unless you only drink espresso - ie no frothing
Because of this, in my opinion, really only suitable for two person household - otherwise you are filling the thing up all the time.
Should have a warning light or cut out if tank is empty so you don't run the pump dry.

I could not justify buying a new commercial machine for my home - at least to my wife, so I opted for the La Cimbali Domus after trying one out at my local coffee shop. Since this machine was my first and has never let me down I can not compare it to anything else and I guess I am grateful that I have not had to. As long as you keep the head clean, the tank full and the drip tray empty there is very little that can go wrong. In over four years of constant use, I have only ever switched it off for cleaning. However, I am lucky that here in Christchurch NZ, we have fantastic water (totally untreated). Although the Domus has a cleanable water filter, I am not sure how it would last if the water was of dubious quality.

I got a good deal for cash and have no reason to complain about the service.

Previous Review
Posted: September 8, 2003, 3:28am
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.174326181412)