Elektra Lever Machines - Kevin Cash's Review
Posted: July 26, 2005, 5:42am
Elektra Lever Machines

Arrow The Elektra Lever Machines has 19 Reviews
Arrow The Elektra Lever Machines has been rated 8.93 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 9, 2003.
Arrow Elektra Lever Machines reviews have been viewed 121,441 times (updated hourly).

Nick Kitchener 9.00
John Manzo 8.83
Bill Way 8.50
Barry Popma 8.20
Gustav Stanowitz 8.00

Manufacturer: Elektra Quality: 8
Where Bought: EBay Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Pro Barista Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: The Micro Casa Leva is a top notch unit that produces espresso as beautiful as it's own image.

Incredible looks, easy to rebuild, good steam capability, quality espresso, easy to clean

drip tray is very small, takes a dedicated routine to produce quality drinks, portofilter holds pressure after lever returns to the top,  small PF, takes a while to heat up with a full res.

I fell in love with the looks of this machine when I was in Italy.  Once back here in the states, I started my search.   I was lucky to find a dealer with this floor model for sale, so I pounced on it for only $750.  This machine is my second espresso machine, replacing a La Pavoni pump machine.  It will certainly take you a while to get used to using it, but after a few weeks, you will be hooked.  I make better espresso here at home than what I can get at 90% of the cafe's here in Ohio.  Make sure to use a decent grinder, I started with a Solis Maestro (ok) and upgraded to my current Rocky.  Also, use fresh beans.  I home roast, and my epsresso produces twice as much crema and bittersweet cocoa flavors than any store bought beans.

Maintenance is easy, just pop out the dispersion screen, basket, and PF, soak them in Cafiza and you're set.  I just replaced all of the seals on my piston after 2.5 years of heavy use, and it works as good as the day it was unpacked.  Replacing the piston seals took 5 minutes, very nice.

Bought from EBay from retailer that was no longer stocking Elektra due to the price.  Unit was shipped in original packaging and had never been used.  Very pleased.

Posted: July 26, 2005, 5:42am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196271896362)