Francis Francis X5 - D D's Review
Posted: May 19, 2007, 8:32pm
Francis Francis X5

Arrow The Francis Francis X5 has 21 Reviews
Arrow The Francis Francis X5 has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 1, 2001.
Arrow Francis Francis X5 reviews have been viewed 156,180 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 8.16
Patrick S. 8.00
Diane Romano 7.50
Robert Wheatley 7.00
Jane Zeero 7.00

Manufacturer: Francis! Francis! Quality: 5
Where Bought: Illy online Aesthetics 3
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: pretty to some but looks can be deceiving

Fair to high quality steaming
ease of use
cost

poor crema

I tried three of these through Illy offer.
I was sorely disappointed. Despite using both Illy preground and whole beans as well as my own home roast, I could never get this machine to make a halfways decent espresso: the cream was thin and watery.
I tried everything to no avail. I tried different roasts, grinds, and tamping. I tried the pods, bith the new and old versions: nothing worked. I have heard others say they had better luck. Not me
I have to say the local Illy rep. was fantastic and stuck with me , and they did refund my money sans shipping. But if you want a real machine, go elsewhere.

good

Posted: May 19, 2007, 8:32pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192992925644)