Francis Francis X5 - Ken Friberg's Review
Posted: May 7, 2009, 8:50am
Francis Francis X5

Arrow The Francis Francis X5 has 21 Reviews
Arrow The Francis Francis X5 has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since December 1, 2001.
Arrow Francis Francis X5 reviews have been viewed 156,104 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 8.16

Manufacturer: Francis! Francis! Quality: 2
Where Bought: Cooks Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: 2 for 2, both my machines failed, 2 thumbs down

Great exterior design. When it worked it produced excellent espresso.

Poor internal build quality.

They brag that the internal build quality is good but I have had 2 of these machines and they have both had major problems. One has a coil burn die and the other has both coil heating problems and a malfunctioning switch.

Because there is only one individual who has the US contract to repair and they do not sell parts, it is extremely  frustrating and difficult to get these machines repaired.

I highly recommend looking to another brand and I have express my concern to my local pro cook shop where I purchased the machines.

Buy local. My local pro cooking store, not a chain store, is fantastic. Only problem with this purchase was that they couldn't be of any assistance. It fell on me to solve the repair. Francis Francis was of no help when trying to get these machines repaired.

Francis Francis needs to sell parts in the US.

Posted: May 7, 2009, 8:50am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191098928452)