Gaggia Baby - All - Luca De Alfaro's Review
Posted: December 30, 2009, 8:38pm
Gaggia Baby Espresso Models

Arrow The Gaggia Baby - All has 27 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Baby - All has been rated 7.17 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Baby - All reviews have been viewed 187,808 times (updated hourly).

Nadav Caine 9.33
Patrick Sloane 9.20
Andrew King 8.50
Brad Franks 8.00
Jesse Robinson 7.11

Product Reviewed: Baby
Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 6
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Coffee
Bottom Line: A great machine: very dependable, very good espresso.

- very reliable
- very good espresso
- easy to repair / change parts should it be needed
- heats up quickly (important in the morning!)

- recently, Gaggia switched to a "turbo frother", which we find somewhat inferior to the original "standard" frother.

The Gaggia Baby I bought in 1998 has served me well for 11 years.  This Fall, finally the pump is starting to lose pressure, most likely due to deposits, and many of the internal gaskets need replacement.  I am using a second Baby I originally bought for my office, and I am debating whether to order a full set of replacement gaskets, and a new pump, to refurbish my original Gaggia Baby.  The machine is very reliable, and very well built; it is very simple to take apart and repair.
For 11 years, the machine has given us excellent espresso.  We steam milk only in the morning (no milk in the afternoon for us!).  Originally, the Baby came with the simple, straight wand, and we really liked it.  Recently, Gaggia switched to a fancy plastic "turbo" wand, and we don't like it as much; we find it actually makes steaming a bit harder.

Whole Latte Love is great!  I have been their customer for 12+ years.  Excellent advice, excellent support, very friendly and dependable.

Posted: December 30, 2009, 8:38pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.1911008358)