Gaggia Baby - All - Chris Smith's Review
Posted: May 10, 2010, 1:36pm
Gaggia Baby Espresso Models

Arrow The Gaggia Baby - All has 27 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Baby - All has been rated 7.17 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Baby - All reviews have been viewed 187,755 times (updated hourly).

Nadav Caine 9.33

Product Reviewed: New Baby
Where Bought: Essentialespresso.com Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: N/A
Bottom Line: Good machine overall that produces rich crema. Great for the price.

I have used other machines including a Rancilio and the Breville that gets great reviews on amazon. I have to say that this machine as well as any other machine has a learning curve that I am still picking up on.  I have found I can make some pretty decent shots with this machine and for the price, it is a good entry level machine.  It has the same guts as the highly regarded Gaggia Classic model.I also really love the Portafilter that it comes with. Nice heave duty stainless steel and the spouts from the side are fun in my opinion.

The outer plastic casing could be made better. I prefer the durability and look of Stainless Steel but for the price, the machine is good.

This is my first ever espresso machine so I guess you can take my review with a grain of salt if you please. I do like this machine as a great entry level espresso machine for most beginners. I find that using the double basket that comes with the machine definitely produces more cream and a better shot than the single basket. I just use 1.5 scoops as opposed to the 2 scoops for a single until blonding occurs. The crema that comes out of it is thick and rich.  I think that people bash this machine because of the outer casing for the most part and I feel that although they do make a good point , they might be exaggerating the build of this machine. I know people that have owned this exact model for 4 years and never had one issue with it. For 300 dollars, if it lasts me 5 years , then the cost of use is worth it. I originally wanted the Gaggia Classic as stated above, but I am happy I saved the 200 dollars and got this machine. I think it may be over priced at $400 yes, but keep an eye out for the deals out there. Honestly, if I can say one thing to people reading this who are buying there first machine... Don't drive yourself crazy over brew times, etc on variations of machines. I feel like I spent hours looking up negative reviews of machines and spec reviews on websites that sell the machines. In the end, just go with Gaggia, Le'Lit, Rancilio or another name brand that most people love in your price range.

Not really much to say here other than I ordered the machine and it showed up 3 days later.

Posted: May 10, 2010, 1:36pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197324991226)