Gaggia Classic - Michael Le's Review
Posted: October 18, 2003, 7:27am
Gaggia Classic Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 79 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.04 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 651,919 times (updated hourly).

Daryl Cross 9.00
A C C 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Patrick Sloane 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 5
Writer's Expertise: Advanced Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: After 3 1/2 years usage, it starts rusted -DO NOT BUY this model

Good and solid machine.

Rust started after 3 1/2 years of usage. Warrenty cover only one year, you will lose you $ and time if you invest your $ on this machine until they fix this problem.

I bought the Gaggia Classic from Whole Latte Love about 4 years ago. Good shots and solid machine. However, after 3 1/2 years of usage it, the rust started on the upper inside of the shell where the removable water reservoir sits. I emailed WLL and Gaggia, no answer. I called them they said that the body must be replaced and they only cover their product for one year. Humn, rust started from the Gaggia Classic? I lose my $. Long term investment on this machine? I wouldn't buy the Gaggia Classic again unless they fix this problem.

Good shots, looks solid machine but rusted after 3 1/2 years.

WLL provided a good service when you buy the product from them but when problem come ha ha.... bad experience.

On Oct 17 2003, I sent an email to WLL request WLL to fix the "rusted" problem. Got a reply from WLL
< Hi,
I will look into it and get back to you shortly.
I am sorry about the problem. >

Ten months later, on July 23 2004, I sent another email to remind WLL about their promised. I got an email reply from WLL

<Hello Michael,
I was able to get Gaggia to ship me a new Stainless steel body. If you would
pay for shipping we can replace it for you at no labor charge.
Gaggia is going to ship me a new body with their next shipment of machines
to the USA.
If you would like to go forward with this please let me know ASAP if you
have a polished or brushed finish.
Thank you.
I'm willing to pay for the shippiong cost.

I'm still waiting for WLL to inform  me when they received the "Stainless Steel"  Gaggia Classic  body from Gaggia which may coming on September 2004.

Thanks Whole Latte Love for keeping their promiss, at least they offered a solution for the rusted Gaggia Classic machine.

Michael Le

Posted: October 18, 2003, 7:27am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194025993347)