Gaggia Classic - David Leone's Review
Posted: March 10, 2000, 3:48pm
Gaggia Classic Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 79 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.04 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 650,763 times (updated hourly).

Daryl Cross 9.00
A C C 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Patrick Sloane 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Gaggia is the original and as far as I'm concerned the best machine.

Beautiful design - makes great espresso.

Plastic tamper too small.

After using virtually every other kind of inexpensive home espresso maker - Vesuviana, Moka, Braun cheapo pressure, I finally broke down and bought a semi-pro machine.  At $399.00 this was a major investment for me - but it was more than worth it.  I've had no problems with this guy - only shot after shot of crema-topped espresso.  The manual says to allow 6 minutes for it to get hot enough to make espresso, but I usually give it twice that time.  Ignore the rubber "perfect crema device" and grind and tamp your shots correctly to produce excellent crema.  I can easily get 25 sec doubles that almost don't need sugar they are so sweet.  I've since bought a better grinder (see review of the Gaggai MDF) and a HW Precision home roaster, and now my only problem is sleeping at night.

Posted: March 10, 2000, 3:48pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.19556593895)