Gaggia Classic - Espen Joranger's Review
Posted: July 25, 2000, 4:34am
Gaggia Classic Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 79 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.04 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 651,136 times (updated hourly).

Daryl Cross 9.00
A C C 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Patrick Sloane 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: A solid and great machine getting me closer to Capuccino heaven!

Consistent shots every time when I learned to operate the grinder and use the tamper. Gives the impression of been solid. You do not need to wory about breaking anything while cleaning it. This is a machine you can grow with and getting closer to Capuccino heaven than you ever imagine.

- I do not like the steam knob made of cheap plastic. If it have to be plastic, it should have some rubber
effect on the knob. If wet fingers, it‘s not easy to operate.
- The plastic tamper is to small (taper is 55mm, the basket is 58mm). By a new one from Vivace or
Reg Barber.
- Some times plastic is the best material, like in the drip tray, but I would like to have a steel
front. I do not like all the plastic (for $450 I expect steel)
- The steamer arm could be a little bit longer and not so simple. It may be all it need, but again.. this
is not only a pice of equipment for making Capuccino, but something that also should look nice in the kitchen.
- I like the porta-filter of Silvia. Gaggia‘s looks a little bit cheap. It works perfectly.. but the look...
I would not mind if I have to upgrade my machine and pay for the "extra" parts somewhere, but it don‘t
seems to exist any "upgrade" for this machine.

Now, there is now way back to ordinary drip/filter-coffee. The process of making every shot is
pure plesure, and give me always a possibility to make a better Capuccino then last time I tried
(you can grow with the machine). This machine gives a solid feeling, not like any other household
machine. Iam actualy looking forward to come home very day and make Capuccino, and every morning have the perfect
start of making the best espresso ever.

Would I buy a Gaggia again? Not the Classic.. I would like to reach a little bit closer to espresso
heaven, and my next espresso-machine investment would be around $1500. I would be happy to pay $500 more
for the Gaggia Classic without the small annoying plastic details.

I payed $450 for my machine in Oslo, Norway.
Who should by it? Anyone who truly like coffee and can spend a little bit time to prepear it.

Posted: July 25, 2000, 4:34am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198215007782)