Gaggia Classic - Peter Buchta's Review
Posted: November 24, 2007, 10:56pm
Gaggia Classic Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 78 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.03 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 645,460 times (updated hourly).

A C C 9.00
Daryl Cross 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Peter Buchta 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Coffee Italia Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Durability and consistent quality shots.

Ok. So I've owned my Gaggia Classic for close to 20 years and today it has given up the ghost. The Solenoid Valve with the coil has finally stopped working. When I took the machine apart I could not believe how well this machine is built.  Taking apart the heating section from the boiler I saw what my problem was as soon as I opened it up. I had an unbelievable amount of minerals and scaling on the inside. If I didn't know any better I would think that the machine would have come with the built in rocks, but it doesn't of course:)  I just can't believe how long the machine has lasted.

Not having my Gaggia Classic.

A well built machine. It has withstood the test of time and different water conditions here in the big apple. I think that from now on I will be putting my water through a Brita first to help remove so of the deposits that might collect in the machine. I agree with most of the folks here that you should by a decent grinder like the Rocky.  It produces great shots and consistent taste.  The only thing that I do wish is that the frother would produce finer bubbles. I am going to buy another one next week based on the previous experience I have had with this unit. I will be sorry to see it go, but happy to be getting another one.

I think that $500 was a fair price for the machine at that time considering the amount of use that I have received from it.

Posted: November 24, 2007, 10:56pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196859836578)