Gaggia Coffee - Dan's Review
Posted: May 6, 2001, 6:54pm
Gaggia Coffee Espresso Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has 30 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Coffee reviews have been viewed 201,739 times (updated hourly).

Russ Sahagian 9.50
Tim Eggers 9.00
Thomas Gauperaa 7.84
Antony Prince 7.80
John Bair 7.75

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Beginner Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: It‘s a big machine that does exactly what its supposed to do.

It looks like a coffee maker, not a spaceship. Well built, functional, simple design. Mucho steam and quick recycling for multiple shots. Dip tray is easy-out and easy clean.

It looks like a coffee maker, not a spaceship.  I actually wanted something that looked more like a spaceship, but they were too expensive.  You may have to put the machine in a headlock to loosen a snug portafilter, but that may be the case with any machine.  Besides, I was a little edgey with the first few shots - maybe I over-snugged just a tad.  The cup "heater" might more aptly be named the cup "holder that is warm when it doesn‘t matter".  The instructions were sometimes amusing and seldom helpful.  If you‘re not manually inclined or a tinker by nature, don‘t buy this espresso machine. Drink tea, instead.

Easy to fill, easy to clean, fast heatup and tons of steam (for a 20oz. pitcher).  After many trips to europe I decided there was no reason I couldn‘t make espresso at home - and now I can. Right out of the box (and after a pound of experimental beans) I was pleased with the results.  The coffee is great, crema rich and the frothy drinks look and taste as good as anything I had poured for me "over there".  And at least as good as anything over here, too.  For $299 online, it is an OK machine.  I‘ll let you know what I think a year from now.

Posted: May 6, 2001, 6:54pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.181533813477)