Gaggia Coffee - John Williams's Review
Posted: August 25, 2007, 5:53pm
Gaggia Coffee Espresso Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has 30 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Coffee reviews have been viewed 200,701 times (updated hourly).

Russ Sahagian 9.50
Tim Eggers 9.00
Thomas Gauperaa 7.84
Antony Prince 7.80
John Bair 7.75

Where Bought: ebay Aesthetics 6
Bottom Line: This machine is the real mc coy!

Solid, metal, machine.  Portafilter chromed brass.  Heats fast.  Great frother.  Makes espresso better that the shops.

Pretty loud, scares the dog.

I love coffee, but never had a "real" espresso machine.  Took a coffee class in Portland and Alex Fisenko, who gave the class (a great guy, who has subsequently passed away unexpectedly) told me that Gaggia made some good machines that would allow you to make decent espresso at home.  I had previously talked to espresso lovers, mostly Italians, who said to forget making decent expresso at home.  Anyway, I looked around and found this "factory refurbished" old Gaggia "Coffee" on ebay and the rest is history.  I can make better coffee with this machine than I can get anywhere here in Arizona.  I bought a Capresso Infinity burr grinder after reading the reviews at this site (thanks everyone for taking the time to share what you have learned at great effort and sometimes great expense) and I am now a very happy camper.  When this machine breaks down, I will pay whatever is necessary to have it refurbished again.

I try different varieties of beans that I get everywhere.  Believe it or not, Trader Joes has some great whole bean coffees.

I sent my money, he sent the machine.  No problem.

Posted: August 25, 2007, 5:53pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188842058182)