Gaggia Coffee - James Goodman's Review
Posted: October 31, 2004, 8:41am
Gaggia Coffee Espresso Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has 30 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Coffee reviews have been viewed 199,482 times (updated hourly).

Russ Sahagian 9.50
Tim Eggers 9.00
Thomas Gauperaa 7.84
Antony Prince 7.80
John Bair 7.75

Where Bought: Sterling Mills Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Cubika
Bottom Line: Solid, Well-made, Powerful.

Speed, Power, Quality.

Plastic front panel sticks out a little.
The gap between the filter holder & the drip-tray is a little small. The monster cups I use for Latte dont quite fit, so I will have to buy some proper shot glasses.

The Cubika broke (again!) yesterday, so we took it back & exchanged it for a Coffee Deluxe. What a difference! Everything is heavy & has a solid, well-made feel to it.

The whole machine seems to be made for regular use, & the speed with which it works is startling. From cold, it is ready for use within a couple of minutes; the cubika used to take about 20! Steaming milk is significantly faster due to the bigger boiler, although it means I need to learn how to steam again because everything happens so fast.

The coffee seems totally different. Using the same coffee as I used in the cubika, it now comes out perfect, almost entirely crema. With the cubika, only the latter part was crema. The shots also seem hotter, I presume due to the brass filter holder retaining the heat better.

Most importantly, the buttons are nice solid feeling switches, rather than sticky push-buttons. After my previous experience of Gaggia repairs, I am hoping this wont go wrong. However, in fairness to the retailer they let me exchange my cubika for this model without any quibble & gave me some coffee, a jug & an ice-cream maker for free!

Excellent.

n/a

Actually a 6 year followup! The machine has worked perfectly until I recently noticed a lack of steam pressure. I sent it to Gaggia for a service (which they did in just 4 days) and the only fault found was scale. It is now back working as new and I am amazed at how well built this appears to be.

Posted: October 31, 2004, 8:41am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.199938058853)