Gaggia Coffee - Jennifer Nishijima's Review
Posted: April 20, 2006, 1:01pm
Gaggia Coffee Espresso Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has 30 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Coffee reviews have been viewed 200,550 times (updated hourly).

Russ Sahagian 9.50
Tim Eggers 9.00
Thomas Gauperaa 7.84
Antony Prince 7.80
John Bair 7.75

Where Bought: Whole Latta Love Aesthetics 3
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Starbucks Barista
Bottom Line: Purchased two machines back to back... one broken, other defective.

Body of machine is very heavy and appears to be strudy.   Did not feel tinny at all.

First Gaggia Coffee was purchased from Whole Latta Love and was bent and broken.   Had to send it back.   Second Gaggia Coffee from Whole Latta Love had defective water pump and had to be sent back.     Not a very attractive machine.

I read many reviews prior to purchasing my Gaggia Coffee.   I felt good that I was going to get a good machine at the price I was paying but did not have any illusions that I was getting more than a solid $298 espresso machine.   After receiving two broken Gaggia Coffee machines in a row, I would not purchase another Gaggia machine online.    If I ever change my mind, I would only buy instore and never go through the hassle of shipping for a machine that struck out two in a row.    I now own a Starbucks Barista and although very different than the Gaggia Coffee my Barista is awesome.   I always works,  espresso tastes great and Starbucks has an awesome Customer Service Poilcy on there machines.

I never received a working machine from Whole Latta Love.    From ordering my first machine (broken and bent cover plate and switches) to sending it back and having a new one sent (water pump did not work) and sending it back and then waiting for my money to be returned this process took one month.      The first machine I received was visably damaged and the second machine looked fantastic but would not suck water up the water lines into the boiler.   Whole Latta Love had me take a turkey baster and try to force water into the line but noithing worked.

Be prepared to be interogated by the Whole Latta Love staff in order to prove you have a defective machine.     I followed there procedures but had to follow up with phone calls when they did not respond within the timeline they stated they would.   When the calls were placed some of the staff was rude and messages were not returned for several days.    The tone of this transaction was negitive and I was treated as if it was my fault and had to prove that I even had a problem and did not feel that Whole Latta Love had any sense of urgency to replace my broken machines or refund my money.     Almost all purchases I make are online and I have never had one go so badly and take over 30 days to resolve.      Whole Latta Love didn't even send a letter or even a small gift to apoligize for keeping my money for a month while sending me two broken machines.

Posted: April 20, 2006, 1:01pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190672159195)