Gaggia Espresso - Kimber Mata's Review
Posted: May 26, 2002, 5:53am
Gaggia Espresso

Arrow The Gaggia Espresso has 33 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Espresso has been rated 7.67 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Espresso reviews have been viewed 171,531 times (updated hourly).

John Schmidt 8.56
Brad C. 8.45
Shawn Duden 8.00
Vils M. DiSanto 7.88
Stephen Bozler 7.87

Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 7
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: Maybe
Bottom Line: For the price this machine can't be beat!  It makes a consistently great shot.

The Espresso is a small machine that would work in any size kitchen.  It is very simple to use and produces quality shots time after time.

The instruction manual is very lacking as is the pathetic plastic tamper.  I've had a few "quirky" things come up that might actually be the "user" and not the machine - leaking and water loss mostly.  The black plastic housing is "cheaper" looking.

This was my first "real" espresso machine - I had a steam toy for years but just wasn't getting the good "straight" espresso shots I desired.  At the time I purchased this machine I just couldn't justify spending more on an espresso machine.  NOW I would gladly pay more just because I'm getting such incredible shots from the Espresso!!  It is a great little "first" machine or a great buy for someone that just doesn't have the money to buy a bigger more expensive machine.  I love that it takes up very little counter space althougth I'm not thrilled with the black plastic housing.  (of course using anything else would take it out of this great price range.)  I get consistently great shots with my home roasted beans and my Maestro grinder and really have very few complaints for the Espresso.  The manuals for ALL machines seem to be lacking and all espresso machines seem to come with small pathetic plastic tampers so that wouldn't be reason enough to NOT buy this machine.  Just go ahead and buy a better tamper when you buy your machine and put the plastic one away.  I've had a few "leaking" experiences and I think that actually may be because I didn't get all the grounds off the top of the p.f.  For those that want a cappucino this machine has great steaming capabilities but only if you are making one or two cappas at a time.  The only "real" thing that bothers me is that this doesn't have a 3 way solenoid valve...  and I've had enough hot coffee ground showers to wish I'd remember that it doesn't!!  :)  Actually overall you can't beat this machine - I will probably upgrade within the next year but this little baby is going to be my "vacation" machine and will get packed up and taken with me where ever I go so I'll always have a great espresso!!

I had a great experience with WLL and would purchase from them again in a heartbeat!!  If you have any questions call them and they will gladly help you with your purchase and decision making!

Posted: May 26, 2002, 5:53am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.205724954605)