Gaggia Espresso - Other - Anders Halskov-Jensen's Review
Posted: February 13, 2002, 12:15pm
Gaggia Espresso - Other Machines

Arrow The Gaggia Espresso - Other has 9 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Espresso - Other has been rated 8.16 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Espresso - Other reviews have been viewed 61,793 times (updated hourly).

Alex D 8.00
Paul 7.37
Franck Pauly 7.00
Gary Kercheck 6.62
Ed 6.20

Product Reviewed: Paros
Where Bought: GIft Aesthetics 3
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Coffee
Bottom Line: Grinder quality doesn't comply with the rest of the machine, which is a pity.

Quick to warm up, makes good and consistent shots. Built-in grinder saves space. Seems to be solid.

Grinder not very good and makes a mess. The drip tray is ridiculously small. Steam pipe to short and oddly placed. Grinder not adjustable.

I had this one for free, from a friend who used it until it quit. I took the thing apart, descaled everything, and it worked just fine. It makes reasonable shots, consistent in quality, but I never hit the 25 secs, always shorter. This is probably due to the grinder, which I don't find very good. I tried the ground on my Gaggia coffee also, but same thing. Even solid tampering didn't seem to help. The built in tamper doesn't really make sense, so get a "loose" one. The pressure is very good and seemed better than on my Coffee, but after Maestro arrived, it was too big to stay on the table.

As I said, had it for free.........

Posted: February 13, 2002, 12:15pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.180963993073)