Gaggia Espresso - Other - Ed's Review
Posted: May 24, 2000, 7:35am
Gaggia Espresso - Other Machines

Arrow The Gaggia Espresso - Other has 9 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Espresso - Other has been rated 8.16 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Espresso - Other reviews have been viewed 62,168 times (updated hourly).

Alex D 8.00

Previous Review
Product Reviewed: Gaggia Paros
Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Very good combination machine with nice asthetics.  A real conversation piece that makes great espresso.

Built-in Grinder saves some counter space.  Pretty looking unit (Wife likes it better than the "Espresso Gaggia" it replaced) Powerful pump produces mounds of crema. Metal housing gives a feeling of quality.

Doser is based on time rather than volume or weight.  It is basically worthless. The grinder is intended to dispense directly into the portafilter. Unfortunately it "oversprays" making for  a bigger cleanup job.  No matter, I just grind into a small glass bowl and use a measuring scoop to dose

I paid $475 for my Paros (New) from Whole Latte Love.  Gary knocked off 25 bucks because it is in an unusual color (Turquoise). This is my first machine with a solenoid valve and, boy, is it an improvement!.  It operates much more cleanly than my old "Espresso Gaggia".  I make myself a ristretto and my wife gets a latte every morning.  It takes about 5 minutes to get to operating temp from a cold start. pulling a  shot takes 15 seconds where on the old machine it took nearly twice that.  Cleanup is a snap.  I  use the "crema disc" thingy as an alternative to a blind filter for backflushing.  Most of the grounds on the group head get washed into the portafilter. I turn off the pump and some water then flows through the solenoid valve., down the tube to the tray below.  Loosening the portafilter, I turn on the pump again to let some water flow over the edge and clean the gasket. Empty and rinse the tray. Done!

Previous Review
Posted: May 24, 2000, 7:35am
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186273097992)