Gaggia Carezza - Jen Savage's Review
Posted: May 27, 2007, 8:32pm
Gaggia Carezza Espresso Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Carezza has 27 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Carezza has been rated 7.51 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 2, 2003.
Arrow Gaggia Carezza reviews have been viewed 164,675 times (updated hourly).

Dr. Robert Case 8.89
Greg Kaan 8.17
Brent L 8.00
Matthew Hall 8.00
Robert Seidlitz 8.00

Where Bought: Amazon Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Good beginner machine, but will ultimately need to be replaced.

Easy to learn on. Good price. Makes a decent shot.

Plastic exterior gets old quick in the kitchen.
Hard to clean.
Too short.
Steamer doesn't do its job.
Grouphead gets dirty quickly and is hard to clean, mine has also started to corrode.

I loved the experience of having my own espresso machine at first and I was willing to overlook all the negatives of this machine. After a year of owning it, I'm ready to move on.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad machine. It does make a good shot. It just has too many issues.

Don't expect the steamer to work for making foam, just buy a different one. If you do want to use it, you'll have to position the machine on the edge of a table, because it sticks out too low to use safely. I burned myself multiple times, and in the process of getting the steam going, my shots would get cold.

I found that the little drain grate gets stained and the paint begins to peel over time due to the exposure to water.

Also, the grouphead requires you to remove one philips head screw and two allen-wrench screws (why do I need to use two seperate tools to clean one part???). I get so annoyed with cleaning the thing that I go too long without cleaning. This is bad bad bad, as the solid metal piece held in by the allen wrenches has begun to corrode. I assumed this piece was made of stainless steel or something, but apparently not.

Don't leave water in the machine when not in use! I did this once and got a nasty film buildup in the little water holder.

Make sure you get a good tamper, don't use the little plastic one that comes with the machine, as it neither fits properly into the PF nor is heavy enough to do an effective job.

Good experience with amazon.

Posted: May 27, 2007, 8:32pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198065042496)