Gaggia Compact - D Barrett's Review
Posted: January 8, 2005, 11:08am
Gaggia Compact Super Auto

Arrow The Gaggia Compact has 8 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Compact has been rated 7.13 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Gaggia Compact reviews have been viewed 43,688 times (updated hourly).

Phil Ingber 7.00
Dennis Meyers 6.00
Phil T 6.00
D Barrett 5.20
Kevin Dee 5.20

Where Bought: Wholelattelove Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Briel Sintra semiautomatic
Bottom Line: I love it and for the price I do not think I could have gotten a more serviceable and well made unit.

Consistently brews delicious espresso.  Every shot is perfectly brewed and the brewing temperature is GREAT.  The instructional DVD is wonderfully easy to understand and gives step by step instructions.

The access panel door is a little difficult to open.  The water tank is positioned directly over the electrical supply, so caution should be exercised to be certain water does come in contact with the electrical panel.  The water tank could be a little larger.

The Gaggia Compact is a beautifully modern looking streamlined machine and looks impressive, but is small and requires little space.  I love the swivel base which makes access to the water tank and power supply easy.  The instructional cd that came with the machine could not be done any better -- it is forthright and makes programming and using the machine a snap.

Each shot of espresso is perfect, from the first one in the morning to the last one of the evening.  It is a joy to have espresso on demand with the push of a button -- no cleanup, no mess.  The crema coffee is good, but probably not as good as I'd hoped it would be.  The espresso is far superior to any I've been able to make using other machines or buy in any local coffee shop.  The steam wand takes all the work out of producing excellent capuccinos and produces wonderful foamy cappucinos very quickly and with almost no effort.

Wholelattelove's website with its comparison features made the selection of the Compact a snap.  Their sales staff was knowledgeable and helpful and the machine arrived in perfect condition in only three days.

Still loving it.  Had to get a new shower head from Wholelattelove -- excellent service.  The showerhead became warped (??) and fit improperly.  Wholelattelove was quite accommodating and sent easy to follow instructions along with the replacement.  I'm still happy with the machine and after using my old espresso machine for a few days, am delighted to use the Gaggia again.

After one year I'm still in love with my Gaggia Compact.  It still brews consistently and every shot is perfect.  I find it easy to clean and easy to use.  I use my own roasts and find the coffee delightful.  It is difficult to drink anyone else's coffee.  I'm completely satisfied.

Posted: January 8, 2005, 11:08am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189917087555)