Gaggia Compact - Phil Ingber's Review
Posted: November 14, 2005, 11:01am
Gaggia Compact Super Auto

Arrow The Gaggia Compact has 8 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Compact has been rated 7.13 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Gaggia Compact reviews have been viewed 43,183 times (updated hourly).

Phil Ingber 7.00
Dennis Meyers 6.00
Phil T 6.00
D Barrett 5.20
Kevin Dee 5.20

Where Bought: Whole Latte Love Aesthetics 7
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Digital COmpact
Bottom Line: ...a small, complete espresso machine for newbies and people with little time to prepare.  I'd buy it again!

This machine is SO easy to use.  Since its my first and since I don't have a lot of time in the morning, its important that it be simple.  It produces consistently good coffee and I love the single doser because I can try different coffees (or decaf) without emptying the hopper.  It also has a burr grinder built in.

...the gray plastic makes it look like R2-D2, but so what, it saves money overall.  Also, sometimes the sensors get a little weird and are hard to reset.  My biggest complaint is that there isn;t an obvious way to empty the bean hopper.  ALso, the manual leaves A LOT to be desired ... generally poorly written, bu the CD that comes with the machine answers most of the questions.

I think that this is a great machine for the money.  If I had to do it again, I might spend the extra $100 or so and purchase the digital model of this, a small sacrifice though.  THe machine is very easy to operate and very easy to maintain.  For its size, it does everything that the big ones do, but with less control of course.  THe most important controls are there though, that is, dose and grind.

I didn't want a new hobby, I just wanted a good cup of coffee and this machine delivers it every time!

Whole Latte Love has become a member of the family.  They are a bunch of great people to work with and have answered all of my questions.  I'll definately deal with them again.

A great machine ... see 1 year follow up for better info

...OK, I SOLD IT!!! BUT, just to show how much I liked this Gaggia, I purchased the Compact Digital ...basically the same machine, but Digital and two boilers for instant steam ...so these ratings are for the OLD machine before I sold it .... Generally, it was a fine machine that gave us NO problems at all.  WHole Latte Love was terrific at answering ALL questions ... with the exception of a poorly written instruction book, I would definately purchase this machine as my FIRST and wanted "drip" convenience.

Posted: November 14, 2005, 11:01am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192301034927)