Gaggia Compact Digital - Stephen Edelman's Review
Posted: April 27, 2007, 4:19am
Gaggia Compact Digital

Arrow The Gaggia Compact Digital has 8 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Compact Digital has been rated 5.78 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Gaggia Compact Digital reviews have been viewed 36,636 times (updated hourly).

Alan Hubble 6.00
Stephen Edelman 6.00
Richard Foulkes 5.50
Stephen Rudolph 5.33
Craig Peterson 5.00

Where Bought: Whole Latta Love Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Pro Barista Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Avoid Gaggia products unless you don't care about after sales service

Makes a great shot of espresso when the machine is working in your home rather than at Gaggia's repair facility for almost 3 months

Gaggia gets a big ZERO from me based upon an inferior repair operation.  They kept my machine for almost 3 months and still didn't fix it properly!

My experience with warranty service from Gaggia was inferior to the point that I will never purchase a Gaggia product ever again.  I had a simple steam valve repair which was to be performed under warranty since the machine was less than 1 year old.

Gaggia kept my machine for almost 3 months while it awaited someone to repair my machine.  Unacceptable!!

Since my machine could still work (it was leaking water due to the broken steam valve), Gaggia should have notified me that I was on the repair maintenance list allowing me to keep my machine while my place in the queue came up.  Then, they could have notified me to send it to them when they were ready to repair it.

Instead, they kept my machine on their waiting shelves.  Then, when they finally returned my machine to me, they expressed no contrition over my gross inconvenience.

The machine was easy to purchase from Whole Latta Love

Posted: April 27, 2007, 4:19am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.195803165436)