Gaggia Cubika - James Goodman's Review
Posted: September 3, 2004, 2:08am
Gaggia Cubika

Arrow The Gaggia Cubika has 11 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Cubika has been rated 6.33 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 3, 2005.
Arrow Gaggia Cubika reviews have been viewed 66,758 times (updated hourly).

Adrian Hall 9.00
Colin Gent 8.33
James Whitby 7.20
Pete Wearn 6.50
Janice Smith 6.00

Where Bought: Sterling Mills Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: None
Bottom Line: I can tolerate faults & repairs, but I will not put up with shoddy customer service.

Makes nice tasting coffee when it works.

Reliability & customer service.

Boiler power.

We purchsed the machine in April. Within a few weeks the power supply had failed & it had to be returned. We tried returning it to the retailer but were told that Gaggia come & collect it. Arranged with Gaggia for collection, & they then tried to collect it a day early.

It was then away for approx 5 weeks after which it finally returned. Given the 'newness' of the machine, it being away for so long was completely unacceptable. During this time I had 'experienced' a number of calls to Gaggia. Most of the time they were unhelpful, & seem to have little knowledge of what is actually happening (I am guessing they do not have ISO 9001). On one particular call I was told by the receptionist it was her first day, & so she didnt know what to do. That left me with a very positive impression of Gaggia.

To make matters worse, I complained in writing about the level of service we experienced. They did not even bother to reply. Since this I have gone out of my way to buy non-Gaggia products & when I buy a grinder in the coming weeks it will definitely not be a Gaggia...

I bought it in person from Sterling Mills, Tillicoultry.

Customer service was non-existent, they just told me to call Gaggia when it went wrong.

Posted: September 3, 2004, 2:08am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.212538957596)