Gaggia Syncrony Logic - Rodney Winkler's Review
Posted: September 4, 2010, 9:13am
Gaggia Syncrony Logic Super Auto

Arrow The Gaggia Syncrony Logic has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Syncrony Logic has been rated 7.07 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since August 1, 2005.
Arrow Gaggia Syncrony Logic reviews have been viewed 44,800 times (updated hourly).

Aditya Agarwal 8.20
David Johnson 6.00
Mark Whitehead 5.00
Adrian Lind 5.00
Emily E 0.00

Where Bought: wholelattelove Aesthetics 7
Similar Items Owned: Saeco Vienna
Bottom Line: Excellent all around machine for many needs.

Excellent reliability
Minimal troublesome electronic boards
Doser for those that visit and want decaf

Silver painted plastic not as attractive as my old Saeco dark finish

I have owned an super-automatic for over ten years. My Saeco unit, the Vienna was fantastic and I had it repaired after eight years and it is now in my office. From that ownership I learned that the cons were time for heating up and the time between coffee and frothing (again due to different temps and heat-up time) along with having to shut the machine off to reset the temperature - any drink with frothed milk took a while to make. Also when people came over there was always someone that wanted decaf. Unless I drip brewed them a pot, that was not an option with the Saeco Vienna. When it started acting up after eight years I went shopping. The machine repair guy warned me about models relying heavily on electronic board and that they were unreliable. He told me that he had replaced several boards in newer models.

The Gaggia Syncrony Logic (be careful there are several syncrony models) was identical to the Vienna in mechanics BUT it adds the doser, a way to add ground coffee of a different type to the machine without emptying out the beans, etc. GREAT! Now that provided a way to meet the need for decaf or even a flavored coffee request!  Also, the Sycrony Logic has a second boiler so that heating is much faster and the frothing is a separate function. --YES!  Now the process is almost seamless. Make the coffees, froth the milk and serve and start the process over without an interruption of time. Perfect.

You can spend more for a super-automatic but there are few features that really matter beyond what this machine offers. Besides, this is quite a capable package in its own right. It does not have a cup warmer but it does have variable grind (non-ceramic).  The ONLY function I consider an important one that this machine does not have is the ability to dose the ground coffee; however, I was not willing to pay $300 more to get that along with the concern of the short-lived electronic boards found in the more expensive models. It would seem that in the world of coffeemakers, the electronics are less helpful to the consumer and more of a cost factor in the long run. I cannot say enough about this machine as it makes a good choice for just about any need. From what I understand, this is also a joint company product between Saeco and Gaggia.

No problems. They even gave me some delicious coffee LaVazza crema

Posted: September 4, 2010, 9:13am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196086168289)