Isomac Tea - David Bondy's Review
Posted: February 28, 2011, 3:21am
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 359,816 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: Caffe Italia Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Under-rated, excellent value E61 HX machine!

This is my first machine of this type.  Now that I have learned how to use it, it makes as good a cup of espresso as I have ever had.  It is beautifully made and extremely stylish.  Having two pressure gauges is a luxury as well.

Water reservoir is much too small and the "empty" sensor trips much too soon.  I replaced the plastic anti-burn clips from the two wands with sleeves.  Apart from that, it has needed no modifications at all.

I think that Isomac is a much under-rated brand and that the Tea II (apart from its stupid name!) is a much under-rated machine.  Like all HX machines it DOES take a bit of learning and I had a Barista trainer come round to the house to teach me how to dial in my grinder and how to make a perfect Espresso with this machine.  It is also a VERY competent machine for warming and frothing milk although I mainly drink straight-up espressos.  All-in-all I cannot find any major fault with this delightful piece of eye-candy and I would buy one again without hesitation.  It is probably only two-thirds the price of the most popular, single group, heat-exchanger, E61 prosumer machines and deserves a much better exposure and reputation than it enjoys.  VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Buying from Caffe Italia was not a good experience.  Their website makes them seem a huge amount larger than they are!  I ordered at the end of July but they didn't tell me that they were shutting up shop until mid-August.  They never answer the phone or return emails.  I was considering court action when suddenly, with no warning a truck arrived containing a pallet with my machine loaded onto it.  I had a happy ending but I think that many have not and I would be worried about spending quite so much money with them again!

Still delighted.  Still enjoy every single cup of coffee.  Wondering now about replacing the seal in the head as the portafilter is almost at 90 degrees.  Also considering one of those fancy new portafilter inserts with square sides and more holes.  I still very highly recommend this machine!

Posted: February 28, 2011, 3:21am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193166017532)