Isomac Tea - Peter Hanson's Review
Posted: April 23, 2003, 6:35pm
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 359,751 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Advanced Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Krups Il Novo
Bottom Line: If you are serious about espresso and can spring for the Tea, you won't look back.

This is a great machine.  With a good grind, it pulls excellent shots.  Frothing >4 oz of milk works best.  Very fast recovery between shots/steaming.

Frothing small volumes is tough to get great (Chris has a new tip to fix this).  It is an investment.

This machine is tremendous.  I stepped up from a Krups Il Novo I had for 8 years.  That made ok lattes/caps but was poor on straight shots and could only steam 4 oz without needing time to recover.  The Tea excels at all.  You can make drinks (shots/froth) as fast as you can work.  It spoils you quickly.  I once thought Starbucks was good - no more. You can make a shot within 3-5 minutes of turning it on, but it is even better after the E61 head has fully heated for 30 minutes or more. The dual pressure gauges are useful - one for the boiler and the other tells pressure while brewing.  This is great to let you know if the grind/tamp are right and beats timing the shots.   Now I'm searching for the perfect bean to get the optimal flavor.  I considered a Silvia but am glad I went the extra distance on this.  No regrets.  Even my non-coffee drinking wife enjoys the hot water wand for cocoa and oatmeal.

Excellent.  2 weeks after receiving it the heating element gave out.  I emailed Chris on a Saturday morning and he literally phoned me 5 minutes later.  I tested a couple of components and he overnighted a new element that arrived Tuesday.  You can't beat service like that.

Posted: April 23, 2003, 6:35pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184166908264)