Isomac Tea - Glenn Harris's Review
Posted: November 4, 2002, 12:36pm
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 364,146 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: Chris' Coffee Service Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Solis SL70
Bottom Line: In this price range, this is the best value for the money.

Quick warm up time (about 10 to 15 minutes). Solid construction (would make a great boat anchor, if I ever felt a need to express my thoughts). And, if the main source of heat ever goes out in my house, we could all sit around the espresso machine (puts out a lot of radiant heat). Excellent crema (once the grind has been mastered, the machine puts out superior shots compared to what can be had from any local stand).

About the only thing I can think of is the steaming wand. It only swings up and down, but not out. Other than that, I can't think of any others yet.  But, maybe in three months I might have something to talk about.

Before deciding on the Tea, my wife and I looked for a considerably long period of time. Like most people who are trying to graduate from the under $300 variety of machine, we found that there is a lot of market variables to ponder about. Our Solis SL70 was a good machine for us (still working, but a little slower that when it was new), but we have beat it into submission over about four years time. So, we were looking for longevity and durability. And my wife, having been a cart owner and operator for a few years in her past, provided a consideralble amount of help in dictating what we should be looking at. Narrowing things became difficult, but we did have a couple of requirements that helped. We wanted an E61 group head, a machine that had little-or-no recovery time between shots and steaming, and costs around a $1,000 US. That pointed us at the ECM Giotto, Astra Gourmet, Vibiemme and Pasquini Livia 90 that we could test locally (around Seattle). At first, the Giotto was going to be the one to buy because the Astra and Vibiemme were too expensive for our budget (the Vibiemme was only available through a web purchase) and the Pasquini Livia 90 did not have the E61 group head. Then, we found this web site and read about the Isomac Tea (and Millenium). The Tea met everything we wanted, but we could not "test" it for ourselves (no local dealers). So, after reading the reviews on this site and others, I called Chris's Coffee Service and spoke with Chris Nachtrieb. He gave us the straightest story on the Isomac products I have heard yet. Based on his reputation (spread all over the internet) and the conversation I had with him, we decided to go with the Tea.

Excellent buying experience dealing with Chris Nachtrieb (Chris' Coffee Service). I felt that even if I didn't buy with him, I could talk shop and get honest opinions about whatever product we chose to get. You can't go wrong (very much an unsolicited opinion) with Chris', IMO.

Posted: November 4, 2002, 12:36pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.201848983765)