Isomac Tea - Jerry Gale's Review
Posted: November 11, 2002, 8:33pm
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 359,332 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: Chris' Coffe Service Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: La Pavoni Europiccolo
Bottom Line: Not expensive for what you are getting.  I fully expect to live with this machine for many years.

The machine is a work of art.  There is alot of stainless steel floating around in my kitchen, but the Isomac stands out as flawless in its finish.
This machine is easy to use, sensitive to bean freshness and grind.

Legs of machine were slightly off in their height and I use a small paper shim to keep it level.  Basically, the machine is flawless for what it is built to do

After many years of "lever wrestling" with my Pavoni, it has been a joy to enter the world of more modern and high end machines with the Tea.  I honestly had some trepidation after reading reviews and newgroups for a year, but all my concerns about being able to produce a great cup were solved by this machine.  Perhaps it is true with all good equipment, but I marvel at how small changes in the humidity and certainly inh the freshness of the beans alter the time and the tasteof the shot.  It is almost always still well within my range of "good to great" but I enjoy observing and tasting the slight differences that are evident with this type of equipment.
The waste tray holds quite a large volume; much more than I would produce even in a multi cup session.  This turned out to be more important than I realized since I often leave it turned on all night to be ready in the morning, or may let it stay on all day.  That does lead to a fair amount of water I let through to cool the filter head before use.
The Tea is quiet.  Other than a rumble when you turn it on, which lets you know you have woken it up, I never notice any sound from it other than while pulling a shot.
I did not froth at all for the first month.  I rarely do now, mostly for other people's drinks and occasionally just for the fun of playing with the wand.  I certainly do not have much milk frothing experience and not a high level of interest, but even with my limitations the Tea produces what I think is excellent steamed and frothed milk with not too much effort.

Whichever machine you buy, calling Chris's Coffee first is the way to go.  My first contact with him was a return call from him in the evening since I work during the day.  He must truly enjoy talking with customers to put in that kind of time.  He expects you to call him when you first set the machine up and he walked me through all the steps.  I sense that he really cares that you understand how the espresso maker works.  He certainly spends alot of time explaining all the "don'ts" and precautions you need to take to be sure you don't ruin any espresso maker.  He was so helpful that I called him to get advice about my Mazzer even though I had bought it used privately.  He enjoys talking about the equipment as much as I do.

Posted: November 11, 2002, 8:33pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194582939148)